LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- Isolated PFC Flyback with Minimum Number of External Components
- VIN and VOUT Limited Only by External Components
- Active Power Factor Correction
- Low Harmonic Distortion
- No Opto-Coupler Required
- Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Regulation
- Accurate Regulated Voltage and Current (±5% Typical)
- Energy Star Compliant (<0.5W No Load Operation)
- Thermally Enhanced 16-lead MSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT®3798 is a constant-voltage/constant-current isolated flyback controller that combines active power factor correction (PFC) with no opto-coupler required for output voltage feedback into a single-stage converter. A LT3798 based design can achieve a power factor of greater than 0.97 by actively modulating the input current, allowing compliance with most Harmonic Current Emission requirements.
The LT3798 is well suited for a wide variety of off-line applications. The input range can be scaled up or down, depending mainly on the choice of external components. Efficiencies higher than 86% can be achieved with output power levels up to 100W. In addition, the LT3798 can easily be designed into high DC input applications.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1817B||LT3798EMSE Isolated Demo Board VIN = 90VAC to 265VAC, VOUT = 24V @ 2A High Voltage||$200.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Offline 5W to 100W+ Applications
- High DC VIN Isolated Applications
- Offline Bus Converter (12V, 24V or 48V Outputs)
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LT3799 - Offline Isolated Flyback LED Controller with Active PFC
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3573 - Isolated Flyback Converter without an Opto-Coupler
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: