LT3797 - Triple Output LED Driver Controller
- Three Independent LED Driver Channels
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 40V
- VIN Transient Ride-Through Up to 60V
- Rail-to-Rail LED Current Sense: 0V to 100V
- 3000:1 PWM Dimming
- TG Drivers for PMOS LED Disconnection
- Operates in Boost, Buck Mode, Buck-Boost Mode, SEPIC or Flyback Topology
- Open-LED Protection
- Short-Circuit Protected Boost Capable
- Fault Flags for Independent Channels
- Programmable VIN Undervoltage and Overvoltage Lockout
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 100kHz to 1MHz
- Synchronizeable to an External Clock
- CTRL Pins Provide Analog Dimming
- Programmable Soft-Start
- 52-Lead QFN Package
The LT®3797 is a triple output DC/DC controller designed to drive three strings of LEDs. The fixed frequency, current mode architecture results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. The LT3797 includes an integrated DC/DC converter to produce a regulated 7.5V supply for the N-channel MOSFET gate drivers of the three channels. This high efficiency converter enables the part to operate from a wide input voltage range from 2.5V to 40V.
The LT3797 is designed so that each converter can use the most suitable configuration to drive its LED load, whether step-up, step-down or a combination. Two key features enable this flexibility: first the LT3797 can sense output current at the high side of the LED string; and second, the voltage feedback pin, FBH, is referred to the ISP current sensing input. The CTRL inputs provide output current analog dimming capability. The TG drivers level shift the PWM signals to drive the gates of external LED-disconnect P-channel MOSFETs, allowing high PWM dimming range, and providing LED overcurrent protection and short-circuit protected boost capability.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1784A||LT3797EUKG Demo Board | Triple Boost LED Driver, 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 40VIN, 50VLED @ 1A (x3)||$175.00|
- Automotive and Industrial Lighting
- RGB Lighting
- Billboards and Large Displays
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3795 - 110V LED Controller with Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3756/LT3756-1/LT3756-2 - 100VIN, 100VOUT LED Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: