LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- 4-Switch Single Inductor Architecture Allows VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- Synchronous Switching: Up to 98.5% Efficiency
- Wide VIN Range: 4.7V to 60V
- Wide VOUT Range: 0V to 60V (52V LED)
- ±6% LED Current Accuracy: 0V ≤ VLED < 52V
- True Color PWM™ and Analog Dimming
- LED and Input Current Regulation with Current Monitor Outputs
- No Top MOSFET Refresh in Buck or Boost
- VOUT Disconnected From VIN During Shutdown
- Open or Shorted LED Fault Protection
- Capable of 100W or Greater per IC
- 38-Lead TSSOP with Exposed Pad
The LT®3791 is a synchronous 4-switch buck-boost LED driver controller. The controller can regulate LED current up to 52V of LED string with input voltages above, below, or equal to the output voltage. The constant-frequency, forced-continuous current mode architecture allows its frequency to be adjusted or synchronized from 200kHz to 700kHz. No top MOSFET refresh switching cycle is needed in buck or boost operation. With 60V input, 60V output capability and seamless transitions between operating regions, the LT3791 is ideal for LED driver applications in automotive, industrial, and even battery-powered systems.
The LT3791 provides input current monitor, LED current monitor, and open or shorted LED fault condition, during which the LT3791 either restarts or latches off.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1666A||LT3791 | 4.7V-60V input to drive 25V of LEDs at 2A (scaleable to 100W)||$200.00|
- Automotive Headlamps/Running Lamps
- General Purpose Lighting
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3791-1 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV