LT3790 - 60V Synchronous 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- 4-Switch Single Inductor Architecture Allows VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- Synchronous Switching: Up to 98.5% Efficiency
- Wide VIN Range: 4.7V to 60V
- 2% Output Voltage Accuracy: 1.2V ≤ VOUT < 60V
- 6% Output Current Accuracy: 0V ≤ VOUT < 60V
- Input and Output Current Regulation with Current Monitor Outputs
- No Top FET Refresh in Buck or Boost
- VOUT Disconnected from VIN During Shutdown
- C/10 Charge Termination and Output Shorted Flags
- Capable of 100W or greater per IC
- Easy Parallel Capability to Extend Output Power
- 38-Lead TSSOP with Exposed Pad
The LT®3790 is a synchronous 4-switch buck-boost voltage/ current regulator controller. The LT3790 can regulate output voltage, output current, or input current with input voltages above, below, or equal to the output voltage. The constant-frequency, current mode architecture allows its frequency to be adjusted or synchronized from 200kHz to 700kHz. No top FET refresh switching cycle is needed in buck or boost operation. With 60V input, 60V output capability and seamless transitions between operating regions, the LT3790 is ideal for voltage regulator, battery/ super-capacitor charger applications in automotive, industrial, telecom, and even battery-powered systems.
The LT3790 provides input current monitor, output current monitor, and various status flags, such as C/10 charge termination and shorted output flag.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2123A||LT3790 Demo Board | Sync Buck-Boost, 12V ≤ VIN ≤ 57V, Vout = 24V @ Up to 5A||Contact Factory|
|DC2123B||LT3790 Demo Board | Sync Buck-Boost, 8V ≤ VIN ≤ 56V, Vout = 24V at up to 5A||$200.00|
- Automotive, Telecom, Industrial Systems
- High Power Battery-Powered System
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3780 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3791-1 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: