LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- 3000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming for LEDs
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 60V
- Rail-to-Rail Current Sense Range: 0V to 80V
- Programmable PWM Dimming Signal Generator
- Constant Current (±3%) and Constant-Voltage (±2%) Regulation
- Analog Dimming
- Drives LEDs in Boost, SEPIC, Inverting, Buck Mode, Buck-Boost Mode, or Flyback Configuration
- Output Short-Circuit Protected Boost
- Open LED Protection
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 100kHz to 1MHz
- Programmable VIN UVLO with Hysteresis
- C/10 Indication for Battery Chargers
- Low Shutdown Current: <1μA
- Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead MSOP Package
- Open LED Status Pin (LT3761)
- Frequency Synchronization (LT3761-1)
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT®3761/LT3761-1 is a DC/DC controller designed to operate as a constant-current source and constant-voltage regulator. It features a programmable internal PWM dimming signal. The LT3761/LT3761-1 is ideally suited for driving high current LEDs, but also has features to make it suitable for charging batteries and supercapacitors. The fixed frequency, current mode architecture results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. A voltage feedback pin serves as the input for several LED protection features, and also makes it possible for the converter to operate as a constant-voltage source. A frequency adjust pin allows the user to program the frequency from 100kHz to 1MHz to optimize efficiency, performance or external component size. The LT3761-1 can be synchronized to an external clock.
The LT3761/LT3761-1 senses output current at the high side or at the low side of the load. The PWM input can be configured to self-oscillate at fixed frequency with duty ratio programmable from 4% to 96%. When driven by an external signal, the PWM input provides LED dimming ratios of up to 3000:1. The CTRL input provides additional analog dimming capability.
|LT3761A||Higher PWM Dimming Accuracy at Lower LED Current Levels|
|LT3761||Open LED Status Pin|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1772A||LT3761EMSE Demo Board I Boost LED Controller, Internal PWM Dimming, 8V to 60VIN, VOUT up to 60V||$175.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- High Voltage LED Strings >100V with Ground Referred Current Sense
- Grounded Anode LEDs
- Accurate Current Limited Voltage Regulators
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC4000-1 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging with Maximum Power Point Control
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: