LT3756/LT3756-1/LT3756-2 - 100VIN, 100VOUT LED Controller
- 3000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 6V to 100V
- Output Voltage Up to 100V
- Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Regulation
- 100mV High Side Current Sense
- Drives LEDs in Boost, Buck Mode, Buck-Boost Mode, SEPIC or Flyback Topology
- Adjustable Frequency: 100kHz to 1MHz
- Open LED Protection
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- Improved Open LED Status Pin (LT3756-2)
- Frequency Synchronization (LT3756-1)
- PWM Disconnect Switch Driver
- CTRL Pin Provides Analog Dimming
- Low Shutdown Current: <1μA
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead QFN (3mm × 3mm) and MSOP Packages
The LT3756, LT3756-1 and LT3756-2 are DC/DC controllers designed to operate as a constant-current source for driving high current LEDs. They drive a low side external N-channel power MOSFET from an internal regulated 7.15V supply. The fixed frequency, current-mode architecture results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. A ground referenced voltage FB pin serves as the input for several LED protection features, and also makes it possible for the converter to operate as a constant-voltage source. A frequency adjust pin allows the user to program the frequency from 100kHz to 1MHz to optimize efficiency, performance or external component size.
The LT3756/LT3756-1/LT3756-2 sense output current at the high side of the LED string. High side current sensing is the most flexible scheme for driving LEDs, allowing boost, buck mode or buck-boost mode configuration. The PWM input provides LED dimming ratios of up to 3000:1, and the CTRL input provides additional analog dimming capability.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1319B-A||LT3756EMSE-2 Demo Board | 100Vin, 100Vout LED Cotr||Contact Factory|
|DC1319B-B||LT3756EMSE-1 Demo Board | 100Vin, 100Vout LED Cotr||Contact Factory|
- High Power LED Applications
- Current Limited Constant Voltage Applications
- Battery Charging
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3755/LT3755-1/LT3755-2 - 40VIN, 75VOUT LED Controllers
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3956 - 80VIN, 80VOUT Constant-Current, Constant-Voltage Converter
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
- LT3799 - Offline Isolated Flyback LED Controller with Active PFC
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV