LT3753 - Active Clamp Synchronous Forward Controller
- Input Voltage Range: 8.5V to 100V
- Programmable Volt-Second Clamp
- High Efficiency Control: Active Clamp, Synchronous Rectification, Programmable Delays
- Short-Circuit (Hiccup Mode) Overcurrent Protection
- Programmable Soft-Start/Stop
- Programmable OVLO and UVLO with Hysteresis
- Programmable Frequency (100kHz to 500kHz)
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
The LT®3753 is a current mode PWM controller optimized for an active clamp forward converter topology, allowing up to 100V input operation.
A programmable volt-second clamp allows primary switch duty cycles above 50% for high switch, transformer and rectifier utilization. Active clamp control reduces switch voltage stress and increases efficiency. A synchronous output is available for controlling secondary side synchronous rectification.
The LT3753 is available in a 38-lead plastic TSSOP package with missing pins for high voltage spacings.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2050A||LT3753EFE Isolated Demo Board | Sync Forward Controller with Active Clamp, 36V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V; VOUT = 5V @ 20A||$200.00|
|DC2306A||LT3753EFE Isolated Demo Board | Forward Converter, 10V ≤ VIN ≤ 54V; VOUT = 48V or 54V (Jumper Selectable) @ 1.5A||$200.00|
|DC2324A-A||LT3753EFE Demo Board | Isolated Forward Converter, 36V ≤ VIN ≤ 72V; VOUT = 24V @ 5A||Contact Factory|
|DC2324A-B||LT3753EFE Demo Board | Isolated Forward Converter, 18V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V; VOUT = 24V @ 5A||Contact Factory|
|DC2324A-C||LT3753EFE Isolated Demo Board | Sync Forward Controller with Active Clamp, 9V ≤ VIN ≤ 18V; VOUT = 24V @ 4A||Contact Factory|
- Industrial, Automotive and Military Systems
- 48V Telecommunication Isolated Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3752/LT3752-1 - Active Clamp Synchronous Forward Controllers with Internal Housekeeping Controller
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT8310 - 100Vin Forward Converter Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LTC3765 - Active Clamp Forward Controller and Gate Driver
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: