LT3750 - Capacitor Charger Controller
- Charges Any Size Capacitor
- Easily Adjustable Output Voltage
- Drives High Current NMOS FETs
- Primary-Side Sense—No Output Voltage Divider Necessary
- Wide Input Range: 3V to 24V
- Drives Gate to VCC – 2V
- Available in 10-Lead MS Package
DescriptionThe LT3750 is a flyback converter designed to rapidly charge large capacitors to a user-adjustable target voltage. A patented boundary mode control scheme* minimizes transition losses and reduces transformer size. The transformer turns ratio and two external resistors easily adjust the output voltage. A low 78mV current sense accurately limits peak switch current and also helps to maximize efficiency. With a wide input voltage range, the LT3750 can operate from a variety of power sources. A typical application can charge a 100μF capacitor to 300V in less than 300ms.
The CHARGE pin gives full control of the LT3750 to the user. The DONE pin indicates when the capacitor has reached its programmed value and the part has stopped charging.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC891A||LT3750EMS Demo Board | Capacitor Charger, 6V to 20VIN, 300VOUT, 2.2A Charging Current||$125.00|
- Emergency Warning Beacons
- Professional Photoflash Systems
- Security/Inventory Control Systems
- High Voltage Power Supply
- Electric Fences
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3751 - High Voltage Capacitor Charger Controller with Regulation
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3573 - Isolated Flyback Converter without an Opto-Coupler
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: