LT3743 - High Current Synchronous Step-Down LED Driver with Three-State Control
- PWM Dimming Provides Up to 3000:1 Dimming Ratio
- CTRL_SEL Dimming Provides Up to 3000:1 Dimming Ratio Between Any Current
- Three-State Current Control for Color Mixing
- ±6% Current Regulation Accuracy
- 6V to 36V Input Voltage Range
- Average Current Mode Control
- 2μs Maximum Recovery Time Between Any Current Regulation State
- <1μA Shutdown Current
- Output Voltage Regulation and Open-LED Protection
- Thermally Enhanced 4mm × 5mm QFN and 28-Pin FE Package
The LT®3743 is a fixed frequency synchronous step-down DC/DC controller designed to drive high current LEDs. The average current mode controller will maintain inductor current regulation over a wide output voltage range of 0V to (VIN – 2V). LED dimming is achieved through analog dimming on the CTRL_L, CTRL_H and CTRL_T pins and with PWM dimming on the PWM and CTRL_SEL pins. Through the use of externally switched load capacitors, the LT3743 is capable of changing regulated LED current levels within several μs, providing accurate, high speed PWM dimming between two current levels. The switching frequency is programmable from 200kHz to 1MHz through an external resistor on the RT pin.
Additional features include voltage regulation and overvoltage protection set with a voltage divider from the output to the FB pin. Overcurrent protection is provided and set by the CTRL_H pin.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1470A||LT3743EUF Demo Board | High Current Step-Down LED Driver Controller, 6.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 24V, VLED = 6V @ 20A||$175.00|
- DLP Projectors
- High Power Architectural Lighting
- Laser Diodes
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3763 - 60V High Current Step-Down LED Driver Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3741/LT3741-1 - High Power, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Step-Down Controller
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3756/LT3756-1/LT3756-2 - 100VIN, 100VOUT LED Controller
- LT3755/LT3755-1/LT3755-2 - 40VIN, 75VOUT LED Controllers
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: