LT3741/LT3741-1 - High Power, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Step-Down Controller
- Control Pin Provides Accurate Control of Regulated Output Current
- ±1.5% Voltage Regulation Accuracy
- ±6% Current Regulation Accuracy
- 6V to 36V Input Voltage Range
- Wide Output Voltage Range Up to (VIN – 2V)
- Average Current Mode Control
- <1μA Shutdown Current
- Up to 94% Efficiency
- Additional Pin for Thermal Control of Load Current
- Thermally Enhanced 4mm × 4mm QFN and 20-Pin FE Package
The LT®3741 and LT3741-1 are fixed frequency synchronous step-down DC/DC controllers designed to accurately regulate the output current at up to 20A. The average currentmode controller will maintain inductor current regulation over a wide output voltage range of 0V to (VIN – 2V). The regulated current is set by an analog voltage on the CTRL pins and an external sense resistor. Due to its unique topology, the LT3741 is capable of sourcing and sinking current. If sinking current is not required, or for parallel applications, use the LT3741-1. The regulated voltage and overvoltage protection are set with a voltage divider from the output to the FB pin. Soft-Start is provided to allow a gradual increase in the regulated current during startup. The switching frequency is programmable from 200kHz to 1MHz through an external resistor on the RT pin or through the use of the SYNC pin and an external clock signal.
Additional Features include an accurate external reference voltage for use with the CTRL pins, an accurate UVLO/EN pin that allows for programmable UVLO hysteresis, and thermal shutdown.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1602A||LT3741EFE Demo Board | High Power Constant Current Constant Voltage, Synchronous Step-Down Controller||$175.00|
- General Purpose Industrial
- Super-Cap Charging
- Applications Needing Extreme Short-Circuit Protection and/or Accurate Output Current Limit
- Constant Current or Constant Voltage Source
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3763 - 60V High Current Step-Down LED Driver Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3755/LT3755-1/LT3755-2 - 40VIN, 75VOUT LED Controllers
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: