LT3724 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller
- Wide Input Range: 4V to 60V
- Output Voltages up to 36V (Step-Down)
- Burst Mode Operation: <100µA Supply Current
- 10µA Shutdown Supply Current
- ±1.3% Reference Accuracy
- 200kHz Fixed Frequency
- Drives N-Channel MOSFET
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout
- Internal High Voltage Regulator for Gate Drive
- Thermal Shutdown
- Current Limit Unaffected by Duty Cycle
- 16-Pin Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Package
The LT3724 is a DC/DC controller used for medium power, low part count, low cost, high efficiency supplies. It offers a wide 4V-60V input range (7.5V minimum startup voltage) and can implement step-down, step-up, inverting and SEPIC topologies.
The LT3724 includes Burst Mode operation, which reduces quiescent current below 100µA and maintains high efficiency at light loads. An internal high voltage bias regulator allows for simple biasing and can be back driven to increase efficiency.
Additional features include fixed frequency current mode control for fast line and load transient response; a gate driver capable of driving large N-channel MOSFETs; a precision undervoltage lockout function; 10µA shutdown current; short-circuit protection; and a programmable soft-start function that directly controls output voltage slew rates at startup which limits inrush current, minimizes overshoot and facilitates supply sequencing.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC736A||LT3724EFE | High Voltage Step-Down Controller, 30V to 60Vin, 24Vout @ 3A||$125.00|
- Industrial Power Distribution
- 12V and 42V Automotive and Heavy Equipment
- High Voltage Single Board Systems
- Distributed Power Systems
- Telecom Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3844 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller with Programmable Operating Frequency
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD II design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: