LT3697 - USB 5V, 2.5A Output, 35V Input Buck with Cable Drop Compensation
- Accurate 5V Output
- Programmable Cable Drop Compensation
- Programmable Output Current Limit
- Adjustable Output from 5.0V to 6.1V
- Dual Input Feedback Permits Regulation on Output of USB Switch
- Active Load Reduces Output Overshoot
- FLT Flag Indicates Overcurrent on the USB Output
- 1.5ms FLT Flag Delay Filters Hot Plug Events
- USB Output Current Monitor
- Wide Input Rage: Operation from 5V to 35V
- Withstands Input Transient to 60V
- 2.5A Maximum Output Current
- Survives Output Short to GND and Car Battery
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 300kHz to 2.2MHz
- Synchronizable from 300kHz to 2.2MHz
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead MSOP Package
The LT®3697 is a 35V, 2.5A step-down switching regulator designed to power 5V USB applications. A precise output voltage and programmable cable drop compensation maintain accurate 5V regulation at the USB socket connected to the end of a long cable. The accurate, programmable current limit can eliminate the need for a USB power switch and improve system reliability. The provided 180mA active load reduces output overshoot during load transients. Dual feedback allows regulation on the output of a USB switch and limits cable drop compensation to a maximum of 6.1V output, protecting USB devices during fault conditions. A separate 5V output can be taken from the SYS terminal to power auxiliary circuitry such as a USB hub controller. The LT3697 also provides a load current monitor output and an overcurrent fault indicator.
The LT3697 operates from 300kHz to 2.2MHz and withstands input voltage transients up to 60V. The device's output survives shorts to ground and to the battery. A current mode topology is used for fast transient response and good loop stability. Shutdown reduces input supply current to less than 1μA. The LT3697 is available in a 16-lead MSOP package with an exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1893A||LT3697EMSE Demo Board | 8V ≤ VIN ≤ 35V; VOUT = 5V @ 2.4A||$150.00|
- Automotive USB
- Industrial USB
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8640/LT8640-1 - 42V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT8620 - 65V, 2A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: