LT3694 - 36V, 2.6A Monolithic Buck Regulator With Dual LDO
- Wide Input Range: 4V to 36V
- Overvoltage Shutdown Protects Circuit Through 70V Transients
- 2.6A Output Switching Regulator with Internal Power Switch
- Dual, Low Dropout, Linear Regulator Controllers with Programmable Current Limit
- Tracking/Soft-Start Inputs and Power Good Output Simplify Soft-Start and Supply Sequencing
- Uses Small Inductors and Ceramic Capacitors
- VOUT(MIN) = 0.75V (Buck and LDOs)
- Adjustable 250kHz to 2.5MHz Switching Frequency
- Accurate Enable Threshold Allows User Programmable Undervoltage Lockout
- Options for Clock Synchronization (LT3694) or Clock Output to Enable Synchronization to Other Switching Regulators (LT3694-1)
- Thermally Enhanced 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN and 20-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LT3694/LT3694-1 are monolithic, current mode DC/DC converters with dual, low dropout regulator controllers. The switching converter is a step-down converter capable of generating up to 2.6A at its output. Each regulator has independent track/soft-start circuits simplifying power supply sequencing and interfacing with microcontrollers and DSPs.
The switching frequency is set with a single resistor with a range of 250kHz to 2.5MHz. The high switching frequency permits the use of small inductors and ceramic capacitors leading to very small triple output solutions. The constant switching frequency, combined with low impedance ceramic capacitors, results in low, predictable output ripple. Protection circuitry senses the current in the power switch and external Schottky catch diode to protect the LT3694 against short-circuit conditions. Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown provide additional protection.
With its wide input voltage range of 4V to 36V, the LT3694 regulates a broad array of power sources from 4-cell batteries and 5V logic rails to unregulated wall transformers, lead acid batteries and distributed power supplies. The LT3694 can be synchronized to an external clock with the SYNC pin while the LT3694-1 offers a CLKOUT pin allowing other DC/DC converters to synchronize to the LT3694-1 clock.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1541A-A||LT3694EFE and LT3694EFE-1 Demo Board||$125.00|
- DSL and Cable Modems
- Distributed Power Regulation
- Wall Transformer Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3570 - 1.5A Buck Converter, 1.5A Boost Converter and LDO Controller
- LT3507A - Triple Monolithic Step-Down Regulator with LDO
- LT3988 - Dual 60V Monolithic 1A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3690 - 36V, 4A, 1.5MHz Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator with 70μA Quiescent Current
- LT3500 - Monolithic 2A Step-Down Regulator Plus Linear Regulator/Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1941 - Triple Monolithic Switching Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV