LT3692A - Monolithic Dual Tracking 3.5A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- Wide Input Range:
– Operation from 3V to 36V
– OVLO Protects Circuit Through 60V Transients
- Independent Supply, Shutdown, Soft-Start, UVLO, Programmable Current Limit and Programmable Power Good for Each 3.5A Regulator
- Die Temperature Monitor
- Adjustable/Synchronizable Fixed Frequency Operation from 250kHz to 2.25MHz with Synchronized Clock Output
- Independent Synchronized Switching Frequencies Optimize Component Size
- Antiphase Switching
- Outputs Can Be Paralleled
- Flexible Output Voltage Tracking
- Low Dropout: 95% Maximum Duty Cycle
- 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
- FMEA Compliant 38-Pin Exposed Pad TSSOP Package
The LT®3692A is a dual current mode PWM step-down DC/DC converter with two internal 3.8A switches. Independent input voltage, shutdown, feedback, soft-start, UVLO current limit and comparator pins for each channel simplify complex power supply tracking and sequencing requirements.
To optimize efficiency and component size, both converters have a programmable maximum current limit and are synchronized to either a common external clock input, or a resistor settable fixed 250kHz to 2.25MHz internal oscillator. A frequency divider is provided for channel 1 to further optimize component size. At all frequencies, a 180° phase relationship between channels is maintained, reducing voltage ripple and component size. A clock output is available for synchronizing multiple regulators.
Minimum input to output voltage ratios are improved by allowing the switch to stay on through multiple clock cycles only switching off when the boost capacitor needs recharging. Independent channel operation can be programmed using the SHDN pin. Disabling both converters reduces the total quiescent current to <10μA.
The LT3692A is an improved version of the LT3692 with reduced minimum on-time.
|LT3692A||140ns||Programmable Shutdown UVLO||TSSOP-38E, 5x5 QFN-32|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
TSSOP-38, 5x5 QFN-32
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1403A||LT3692A Demo Board I 7V to 36V Input, Vout1 = 5V @ 3A, Vout2 = 3.3V @ 3A||$225.00|
- Automotive Supplies
- Distributed Supply Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3992 - Monolithic Dual Tracking 3A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3690 - 36V, 4A, 1.5MHz Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator with 70μA Quiescent Current
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: