LT3686 - 37V/1.2A Step-Down Regulator in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- Wide Input Range:
Operation from 3.6V to 37V
Overvoltage Lockout Protects Circuit Through 55V Transients
- Low Minimum On-Time:
Converts 16VIN to 3.3VOUT at 2MHz
- 1.2A Output Current
- Adjustable Frequency: 300kHz to 2.5MHz
- Constant Switching Frequency at Light Loads
- Tracking and Soft-Start
- Precision UVLO
- Short-Circuit Robust
- IQ in Shutdown <1μA
- Internally Compensated
- 10-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT®3686 is a current mode PWM step-down DC/DC converter with an internal 1.2A power switch, packaged in 10-lead 3mm × 3mm DFN. The wide input range of 3.6V to 37V makes the LT3686 suitable for regulating power from a wide variety of sources, including 24V industrial supplies and automotive batteries. Its high maximum frequency allows the use of tiny inductors and capacitors, resulting in a very small solution. Operating frequency above the AM band avoids interfering with radio reception, making the LT3686 particularly suitable for automotive applications.
Cycle-by-cycle current limit and DA current sense provide protection against fault conditions. Soft-start and frequency foldback eliminate input current surge during start-up. An optional internal regulated active load at the output via the BD pin keeps the LT3686 at full switching frequency at light loads, resulting in low, predictable output ripple above the audio and AM bands. Internal compensation and an internal boost diode reduce external component count.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1323A||LT3686EDD Demo Board | 5V ≤ VIN ≤ 37V(55V Transients), VOUT = 3.3V @ 1.2A||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive Systems
- Battery-Powered Equipment
- Wall Transformer Regulation
- Distributed Supply Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3505 - 1.2A, Step-Down Switching Regulator in 3mm x 3mm DFN
- LT3686A - 37V/1.2A Step-Down Regulator in 3mm × 3mm DFN and MSE
- LTC3646/LTC3646-1 - 40V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3971 - 38V, 1.2A, 2MHz Step-Down Regulator with 2.8μA Quiescent Current
- LT3991 - 55V, 1.2A Step-Down Regulator with 2.8μA Quiescent Current
- LT3493 - 1.2A, 750kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator in 2mm × 3mm DFN
- LT3682 - 1A Micropower Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT3502/LT3502A - 1.1MHz/2.2MHz, 500mA Step-Down Regulators in 2mm × 2mm DFN and MS10
- LT3988 - Dual 60V Monolithic 1A Step-Down Switching Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: