LT3684 - 36V, 2A, 2.8MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator
- Wide Input Range: 3.6V to 34V Operating, 36V Maximum
- 2A Maximum Output Current
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 300kHz to 2.8MHz
- Low Shutdown Current: IQ < 1µA
- Integrated Boost Diode
- Power Good Flag
- Saturating Switch Design: 0.18Ω On-Resistance
- 1.265V Feedback Reference Voltage
- Output Voltage: 1.265V to 20V
- Soft-Start Capability
- Small 10-Pin Thermally Enhanced MSOP and (3mm × 3mm) DFN Packages
The LT3684 is an adjustable frequency (300kHz to 2.8MHz) monolithic buck switching regulator that accepts input voltages up to 34V (36V maximum). A high efficiency 0.18Ω switch is included on the die along with a boost Schottky diode and the necessary oscillator, control and logic circuitry. Current mode topology is used for fast transient response and good loop stability. The LT3684’s high operating frequency allows the use of small, low cost inductors and ceramic capacitors resulting in low output ripple while keeping total solution size to a minimum. The low current shutdown mode reduces input supply current to less than 1µA while a resistor and capacitor on the RUN/SS pin provide a controlled output voltage ramp (soft-start). A power good flag signals when VOUT reaches 90% of the programmed output voltage. The LT3684 is available in 10-Pin MSOP and 3mm × 3mm DFN packages with Exposed Pads for low thermal resistance.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1188A||LT3684EMSE Demo Board||$150.00|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Power for Portable Products
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Industrial Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3480 - 36V, 2A, 2.4MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 70µA Quiescent Current
- LT3481 - 36V, 2A, 2.8MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 50µA Quiescent Current
- LT3685 - 36V, 2A, 2.4MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT1912 - 36V, 2A, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT3980 - 58V, 2A, 2.4MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 85μA Quiescent Current
- LT3690 - 36V, 4A, 1.5MHz Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator with 70μA Quiescent Current
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8611 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with Current Sense and 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3500 - Monolithic 2A Step-Down Regulator Plus Linear Regulator/Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV