LT3682 - 1A Micropower Step-Down Switching Regulator
- Wide Input Range:
Operation from 3.6V to 36V
Overvoltage Lockout Protects Circuits through
- 1A Output Current
- Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation
IQ = 75μA at 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
Output Ripple < 15mVP-P
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 250kHz to 2.2MHz
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Synchronizable Between 300kHz and 2.2MHz
- 0.8V Feedback Reference Voltage
- Output Voltage 0.8V to 20V
- Soft-Start Capability
- Power Good Flag
- Small 12-Pin Thermally Enhanced 3mm × 3mm DFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LT3682 is an adjustable frequency (250kHz to 2.2MHz) monolithic buck switching regulator that accepts input voltages up to 36V. A high efficiency 0.5Ω switch is included on the device along with a boost diode and the necessary oscillator, control, and logic circuitry. Current mode topology is used for fast transient response and good loop stability. A SYNC pin allows the user to synchronize the part to an external clock, and to choose between Low Ripple Burst Mode operation and standard PWM operation.
The Low Ripple Burst Mode maintains high efficiency at low output currents while keeping output ripple below 15mV in typical applications. Shutdown reduces input supply current to less than 1μA while a resistor and capacitor on the RUN/SS pin provide a controlled output voltage ramp (soft-start). A power good flag signals when VOUT reaches 90% of the programmed output voltage. Protection circuitry senses the current in the power switch and external Schottky catch diode to protect the LT3682 against short-circuit conditions. Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown provide additional protection.
The LT3682 is available in a 12-Pin 3mm × 3mm DFN with exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1222A||LT3682EDD Demo Board | 6.9V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V (60V Transients), Vout = 5V @ 2A||$125.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Automotive Entertainment Systems
- Industrial Supplies
- Power for Portable Products
- Distributed Supply Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3646/LTC3646-1 - 40V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3695 Series - 1A Fault Tolerant Micropower Step-Down Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3502/LT3502A - 1.1MHz/2.2MHz, 500mA Step-Down Regulators in 2mm × 2mm DFN and MS10
- LT3504 - Quad 40V/1A Step-Down Switching Regulator with 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- LT3988 - Dual 60V Monolithic 1A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: