LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- Input Supply Voltage Regulation Loop for Peak Power Tracking in (MPPT) Solar Applications
- Wide Input Voltage Range:
4.95V to 34V (40V Abs Max)
- Programmable Charge Rate Up to 2A
- User Selectable Termination: C/10 or On-Board
- Termination Timer
- Resistor Programmable Float Voltage Up to 18V Accommodates 4-Cell Li-Ion/Polymer, 5-Cell LiFePO4, Lead-Acid Chemistries
- Parallelable for Higher Output Current
- 1MHz Fixed Frequency
- 0.5% Float Voltage Reference Accuracy
- 5% Charge Current Accuracy
- 2.5% C/10 Detection Accuracy
- Binary-Coded Open-Collector Status Pins
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3652HV is a complete monolithic step-down battery charger that operates over a 4.95V to 34V input range. The LT3652HV provides a constant-current/constant-voltage charge characteristic, with maximum charge current externally programmable up to 2A. The charger employs a 3.3V float voltage feedback reference, so any desired battery float voltage up to 18V can be programmed with a resistor divider.
The LT3652HV employs an input voltage regulation loop, which reduces charge current if the input voltage falls below a programmed level, set with a resistor divider. When the LT3652HV is powered by a solar panel, the input regulation loop is used to maintain the panel at peak output power.
The LT3652HV can be configured to terminate charging when charge current falls below 1/10 of the programmed maximum (C/10). Once charging is terminated, the LT3652HV enters a low-current (85μA) standby mode. An auto-recharge feature starts a new charging cycle if the battery voltage falls 2.5% below the programmed fl oat voltage. The LT3652HV also contains a programmable safety timer, used to terminate charging after a desired time is reached. This allows top-off charging at currents less than C/10.
|Vin Max||Vfloat Max||Features|
|LT3652||32V||14.4V||internal reverse blocking
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1688A||LT3652HVEDD Demo Board | 17.7V to 34VIN, Buck 12V Lead Acid@2A, MPPC for Solar Power Input||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Solar Powered Applications
- Remote Monitoring Stations
- Portable Handheld Instruments
- 12V to 24V Automotive Systems
- Battery Charging from Current Limited Adapter
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A μModule (Power Module) Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT1513 - SEPIC Constant- or Programmable-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: