LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- Input Supply Voltage Regulation Loop for Peak Power Tracking in (MPPT) Solar Applications
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.95V to 32V (40V Abs Max)
- Programmable Charge Rate Up to 2A
- User Selectable Termination: C/10 or On-Board Termination Timer
- Resistor Programmable Float Voltage Up to 14.4V Accommodates Li-Ion/Polymer, LiFePO4, SLA Chemistries
- No VIN Blocking Diode Required for Battery Voltages ≤ 4.2V
- 1MHz Fixed Frequency
- 0.5% Float Voltage Reference Accuracy
- 5% Charge Current Accuracy
- 2.5% C/10 Detection Accuracy
- Binary-Coded Open-Collector Status Pins
- 3mm × 3mm DFN12 or MSOP-12 Packages
The LT®3652 is a complete monolithic step-down battery charger that operates over a 4.95V to 32V input voltage range. The LT3652 provides a constant-current/constant-voltage charge characteristic, with maximum charge current externally programmable up to 2A. The charger employs a 3.3V float voltage feedback reference, so any desired battery float voltage up to 14.4V can be programmed with a resistor divider.
The LT3652 employs an input voltage regulation loop, which reduces charge current if the input voltage falls below a programmed level, set with a resistor divider. When the LT3652 is powered by a solar panel, the input regulation loop is used to maintain the panel at peak output power.
The LT3652 can be configured to terminate charging when charge current falls below 1/10 of the programmed maximum (C/10). Once charging is terminated, the LT3652 enters a low-current (85μA) standby mode. An auto-recharge feature starts a new charging cycle if the battery voltage falls 2.5% below the programmed float voltage. The LT3652 also contains a programmable safety timer, used to terminate charging after a desired time is reached. This allows top-off charging at currents less than C/10.
|Vin Max||Vfloat Max||Features|
|LT3652||32V||14.4V||internal reverse blocking
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1568A||LT3652EDD Demo Board | Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power||$150.00|
- Solar Powered Applications
- Remote Monitoring Stations
- LiFePO4 (Lithium Phosphate) Applications
- Portable Handheld Instruments
- 12V to 24V Automotive Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1513 - SEPIC Constant- or Programmable-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: