LT3651-4.X - Monolithic 4A High Voltage 1 Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger
- Wide Input Voltage Range: Up to 32V (40V Absolute Maximum)
- Programmable Charge Current Up to 4A
- Selectable C/10 or Onboard Timer Termination
- Dynamic Charge Rate Programming/Soft-Start
- Programmable Input Current Limit
- 0.5% Float Voltage Accuracy
- 7.5% Charge Current Accuracy
- 4% C/10 Detection Accuracy
- NTC Resistor Temperature Monitor
- Auto-Recharge at 97.5% Float Voltage
- Auto-Precondition <70% Float Voltage
- Bad Battery Detection with Auto-Reset
- Average Current Mode, Synchronous Switcher
- User Programmable Frequency
- Low Profile (0.75mm) 5mm × 6mm 36-Pin QFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT®3651 is a 1 cell 4A Li-Ion/Polymer battery charger that operates with input voltages up to 32V. An efficient monolithic average current mode synchronous switching regulator provides constant current, constant voltage charging with programmable maximum charge current. A charging cycle starts with battery insertion or when the battery voltage drops 2.5% below the float voltage. Charger termination is selectable as either charge current or internal safety timer timeout. Charge current termination occurs when the charge current falls to one-tenth the programmed maximum current (C/10). Timer based termination is typically set to three hours and is user programmable (charging continues below C/10 until timeout). Once charging is terminated, the LT3651 supply current drops to 85μA into a standby mode.
The LT3651 offers several safety features. A discharged battery is preconditioned with a small trickle charge and generates a signal if unresponsive. A thermistor monitors battery temperature, halting charging if out of range. Excessive die temperature reduces charge current. Charge current is also reduced to maintain constant input current to prevent excessive input loading.
The LT3651 is available in a 5mm × 6mm 36-pin QFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1362A-A||LT3651EUHE-4.2 Demo Board | 6.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 32V, 4A Li-Ion Battery Charger, Vout = 4.2V @ 4A||$150.00|
|DC1362A-B||LT3651EUHE-4.1 Demo Board | 6.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 32V, 4A Li-Ion Battery Charger, Vout = 4.1V @ 4A||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Industrial Handheld Instruments
- 12V to 24V Automotive and Heavy Equipment
- Desktop Cradle Chargers
- Notebook Computers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3650-4.X - High Voltage 2 Amp Monolithic Li-Ion Battery Charger
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A μModule (Power Module) Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LTC4002 - Standalone Li-Ion Switch Mode Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: