LT3650-4.X - High Voltage 2 Amp Monolithic Li-Ion Battery Charger
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.75V to 32V (40V Absolute Maximum)
- Programmable Charge Current Up to 2A
- User-Selectable Termination: C/10 or Onboard Termination Timer
- Dynamic Charge Rate Programming/Soft-Start Pin
- Programmable Input Current Limit
- No VIN Blocking Diode Required
- 1MHz Fixed Frequency
- Average Current Mode Control
- 0.5% Float Voltage Accuracy
- 5% Charge Current Accuracy
- 2.5% C/10 Detection Accuracy
- NTC Resistor Temperature Monitor
- Auto-Recharge at 97.5% Float Voltage
- Auto-Precondition at <70% Float Voltage
- Bad Battery Detection with Auto-Reset
- Binary Coded Open-Collector Status Pins
- 3mm × 3mm DFN-12 or MSOP-12 Package
DescriptionThe LT3650 is a complete monolithic single-cell Li-Ion/ Polymer battery charger that operates over a 4.75V to 32V input voltage range (7.5V minimum start-up voltage). The LT3650 provides a constant-current/constant-voltage charge characteristic, with maximum charge current externally programmable up to 2A, set using an external current sense resistor. A precondition feature trickle charges a low voltage battery, and bad-battery detection provides a signal and suspends charging if a battery does not respond to preconditioning.
The LT3650 can be configured to terminate charging when charge current falls to C/10, or one-tenth the programmed maximum current. Once charging is terminated, the LT3650 enters a low current (85μA) standby mode. An auto-restart feature starts a new charging cycle if the battery voltage drops 2.5% from the fl oat voltage, or if a new battery is inserted into a charging system.
The LT3650 contains a user-programmable internal safety timer (typically set to a three hour full cycle time). The IC can be configured to use this internal timer if a time-based termination scheme is desired in which charging can continue below C/10 until a desired time is reached.
The LT3650 is available in a low profile (0.75mm) 3mm × 3mm 12-pin DFN and 12-pin MSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1229B-A||LT3650EDD-4.2 Demo Board | High Voltage 2 Amp Monolithic Li-Ion Battery Charger||$100.00|
|DC1229B-B||LT3650EDD-4.1 Demo Board | High Voltage 2 Amp Monolithic Li-Ion Battery Charger||$100.00|
- Industrial Handheld Instruments
- 12V to 24V Automotive and Heavy Equipment
- Desktop Cradle Chargers
- Notebook Computers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4002 - Standalone Li-Ion Switch Mode Battery Charger
- LT3651-4.1 and 4.2 - Monolithic 4A Wide Input 1 Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1513 - SEPIC Constant- or Programmable-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT3650-8.X - High Voltage 2 Amp Monolithic 2-Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV