LT3645 - 36V 500mA Step-Down Regulator and 200mA LDO
- Wide Input Range:
Operation from 3.6V to 36V
Overvoltage Lockout Protects Circuit Through 55V Transients on Input
- 500mA Output Current Switching Regulator
- High Switching Frequency: 750kHz
- 200mA Low Dropout Linear Regulator
1.2V to 16V Input; 0.8V to 8V Output
310mV Dropout Voltage VCC2 to OUT2
- Precision Programmable Undervoltage Lockout
- Short-Circuit Robust
- Internal Soft-Start
- <2μA Shutdown Current
- Small Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead (3mm × 3mm) QFN and 12-Lead MSE Packages
The LT®3645 is a dual output regulator combining a 500mA buck regulator and a 200mA low dropout linear regulator (LDO). The wide input voltage range of 3.6V to 36V makes the LT3645 suitable for regulating power from a wide variety of sources, including 24V industrial supplies and automotive batteries. Its high operating frequency allows the use of tiny, low cost inductors and capacitors, resulting in a very small solution.
Cycle-by-cycle current limit and frequency foldback provide protection against shorted outputs. Soft-start and frequency foldback eliminate input current surge during start-up.
The linear regulator operates from the VCC2 pin at voltages down to 1.2V. It supplies 200mA of output current with a typical dropout voltage of 310mV.
Other features of the LT3645 include a <2μA shutdown, short circuit protection, soft-start and thermal shutdown. The LT3645 is available in the thermally enhanced 16-lead (3mm × 3mm) QFN package, or a 12-lead MSE package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1428A||LT3645EMSE Demo Board u VIN = 5V to 36V, V OUT1 = 3.3V @ 300mA, V OUT2= 2.5V @ 200mA||$125.00|
- Automotive CMOS Image Sensors
- Industrial/Automotive Micro-Controller Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3988 - Dual 60V Monolithic 1A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3502 - 1.1MHz/2.2MHz, 500mA Step-Down Regulators in 2mm x 2mm DFN and MS10
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated uModule DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- LT3470 - Micropower Buck Regulator with Integrated Boost and Catch Diodes
- LT3509 - Dual 36V, 700mA Step-Down Regulator
- LT3990 - 62V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV