LT3599 - 4-Channel 120mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- True Color PWM Dimming Ratio Up to 3000:1
- Drives Four Strings of LEDs at Up to 120mA
- ±1.5% Accurate LED Current Matching
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.1V to 30V
- Output Voltage Up to 44V
- Regulates LED Current Even When VIN > VOUT
- Disconnects LEDs in Shutdown
- Programmable Maximum VOUT (Regulated)
- Open/Short LED Protection and Fault Flags
- Programmable LED Current Derating
- Adjustable Frequency: 200kHz to 2.1MHz
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Analog Dimming Up to 20:1
- Programmable Input UVLO with Hysteresis
- Thermally Enhanced 32-Pin (5mm × 5mm) QFN and 28-Pin TSSOP Packages
The LT3599 is a fixed frequency 2A step-up DC/DC converter designed to drive four strings of 120mA LEDs up to a 44V output voltage. The switching frequency is programmable from 200kHz to 2.1MHz through an external resistor.
LED dimming can be achieved with analog dimming on the CTRL pin, and with pulse width modulation dimming on the PWM pin. The LT3599 accurately regulates LED current even when the input voltage is higher than the LED output voltage.
Additional features include programmable LED current derating, switching frequency synchronization to an external clock, LED string disable control, OPENLED alert pin, SHORTLED alert pins and programmable maximum output voltage when all LED strings are disconnected. The LT3599 is available in the thermally enhanced 32-pin (5mm × 5mm) QFN and 28-pin TSSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1327B||LT3599EFE Demo Board | 4-Channel 100mA LED Driver w/ 2% LED Current Matching||$175.00|
- Automotive Navigation TFT LCD Displays
- Desktop and Notebook TFT LCD Displays
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3598 - 6-String 30mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LT3760 - 8-Channel × 100mA LED Driver
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
- LT3476 - High Current Quad Output LED Driver
- LT3518 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 2.3A Switch Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: