LT3598 - 6-String 30mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- True Color PWM™ Dimming Delivers Up to 3000:1 Dimming Ratio
- Drives Six Strings of LEDs at Up to 30mA
- ±1.5% Accurate LED Current Matching
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.2V to 30V
- Output Voltage Up to 44V
- Regulates Current Even When VIN > VOUT
- Disconnects LEDs in Shutdown
- Programmable Open LED Protection (Regulated)
- OPENLED Alert Pin
- Programmable LED Current Derating
- Adjustable Frequency: 200kHz to 2.5MHz
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Parallel Channels for Higher Current per LED String
- Thermally Enhanced 4mm × 4mm QFN and 24-Lead TSSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3598 is a fixed frequency step-up DC/DC converter designed to drive up to six strings of LEDs at an output voltage up to 44V. LED dimming can be achieved with analog dimming on the CTRL pin, and with pulse width modulation dimming on the PWM pin. The LT3598 accurately regulates LED current even when the input voltage is higher than the LED output voltage. The switching frequency is programmable from 200kHz to 2.5MHz through an external resistor.
Additional features include programmable overvoltage protection, switching frequency synchronization to an external clock, LED current derating based on junction temperature and/or LED temperature, LED string disable control, OPENLED alert pin and output voltage limiting when all LED strings are disconnected. The LT3598 is available in a thermally enhanced 24-lead (4mm × 4mm) QFN and 24-lead TSSOP packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1285A||LT3598EUF Demo Board | 6-String Boost LED Driver, 3.2V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout up to 44V @ 20mA (x6) with 2% Current Matching||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Notebook Computer Display
- Medium Size Displays
- Automotive LCD Display
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3599 - 4-String 120mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3760 - 8-Channel × 100mA LED Driver
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT3754 - 16-Channel × 50mA LED Driver
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: