LT3597 - 60V Triple Step-Down LED Driver
- Three 100mA Buck Regulators, Each Drives Up to 10 LEDs with Fast NPN Current Sources
- Fast Current Sources for <1µs Pulse Widths (10,000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming at 100Hz)
- LEDs Disconnected in Shutdown
- Adaptive V
- OUT for Increased Efficiency
- 6V to 60V Input Voltage Range
- ±2% LED Current Matching
- External Resistor Sets LED Current for Each Channel
- Internal Compensation and Soft-Start
- Programmable Switching Frequency (200kHz to 1MHz)
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- Open LED Detection and Reporting
- Shorted LED Pin Protection and Reporting
- Programmable LED Thermal Derating
- Programmable Temperature Protection
- 5mm × 8mm Thermally Enhanced QFN Package with a 0.6mm High Voltage Pin Spacing
The LT3597 is a 60V triple step-down LED driver capable of achieving 10,000:1 digital PWM dimming at 100Hz with fast NPN current sources driving up to 10 LEDs in each channel. LED dimming can also be achieved via analog control of the CTRL1-3 pin.
The step-down switching frequency is programmed between 200kHz and 1MHz. The frequency is also synchronizable to an external clock. The LT3597 provides maximum LED brightness while adhering to manufacturers’ specifications for thermal derating. The derate temperature is programmed by placing a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) resistor on the master control pin.
The LT3597 adaptively controls VOUT in order to achieve optimal efficiency. Other features include: 2% LED current matching between channels, open LED reporting, shorted LED protection, programmable LED current, and programmable temperature protection.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1497A||LT3597EUHG Demo Board: 60V Triple Step-Down LED Driver||$150.00|
- LED Billboards and Signboards
- Mono, Multi, Full-Color LED Displays
- Large Screen Display LED Backlighting
- Automotive, Industrial, and Medical Displays
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3596 - 60V Step-Down LED Driver
- LT3956 - 80VIN, 80VOUT Constant-Current, Constant-Voltage Converter
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3756/LT3756-1/LT3756-2 - 100VIN, 100VOUT LED Controller
- LT3496 - Triple Output LED Driver
- LT3799 - Offline Isolated Flyback LED Controller with Active PFC
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: