LT3596 - 60V Step-Down LED Driver
- 300mA Buck Regulator, Drives Up to 10 LEDs per Channel with Fast NPN Current Sources
- Fast Current Sources for <1μs Pulse Widths (10,000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming at 100Hz)
- LEDs Disconnected in Shutdown
- Adaptive VOUT for Increased Efficiency
- 6V to 60V Input Voltage Range
- ±1.5% Accurate LED Current Matching
- External Resistors Set LED Current for Each Channel
- Requires No External Compensation
- Programmable Switching Frequency (200kHz to 1MHz)
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- Open, Short LED Detection and Reporting
- Programmable LED Thermal Derating and Reporting
- Programmable Temperature Protection
- 5mm × 8mm Thermally Enhanced QFN Package with 0.6mm High Voltage Pin Spacing
The LT®3596 is a 60V step-down LED Driver. It achieves 10,000:1 digital PWM dimming at 100Hz with fast NPN current sources driving up to 10 LEDs in each channel. 100:1 LED dimming can also be done with analog control of the CTRL1-3 pin.
The step-down switching frequency is programmable between 200kHz and 1MHz and is synchronizable to an external clock. The LT3596 also provides maximum LED brightness while adhering to manufacturers’ specifications for thermal derating. The derate temperature is programmed by placing a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) resistor on the master control pin.
The LT3596 adaptively controls VOUT in order to achieve optimal efficiency. Other features include: 1.5% LED current matching between channels, open LED reporting, shorted LED pin protection and reporting, programmable LED current and programmable temperature protection.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1542A||LT3596EUHG Demo Board | LED Driver, 6V ≤ VIN ≤ 55V, Output = 8 Series LEDs @ 100mA||$175.00|
- LED Billboards and Signboards
- Mono, Multi, Full Color LED Displays
- Large Screen Display LED Backlighting
- Automotive, Industrial and Medical Displays
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3496 - Triple Output LED Driver
- LT3492 - Triple Output LED Driver with 3000:1 PWM Dimming
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3756/LT3756-1/LT3756-2 - 100VIN, 100VOUT LED Controller
- LT3956 - 80VIN, 80VOUT Constant-Current, Constant-Voltage Converter
- LT3763 - 60V High Current Step-Down LED Driver Controller
- LT3597 - 60V Triple Step-Down LED Driver
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: