LT3592 - 500mA Wide Input Voltage Range Step-Down LED Driver with 10:1 Dimming
- Wide Input Voltage Range Operation from 3.6V to 36V
- Resistor Adjustable 400kHz–2.2MHz Switching Frequency
- Shorted and Open LED Protected
- Internal Switch Current Sense Resistor
- External Resistor Programs LED Current, Pin Selects 10:1 Ratio
- 50mA/500mA LED Current Settings
- Catch Diode Current Sense to Prevent Runaway at High VIN
- Small Thermally Enhanced 10-Lead DFN (2mm × 3mm) and MSOP-10 Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LT3592 is a ﬁxed frequency step-down DC/DC converter designed to operate as a constant-current source. An external sense resistor monitors the output current allowing accurate current regulation, ideal for driving high current LEDs. The output current can be dimmed by a factor of 10 using an external signal for nighttime brake lights.
The high switching frequency offers several advantages by permitting the use of a small inductor and small ceramic capacitors. Small components combined with the LT3592’s 10-pin DFN leadless surface mount package save space and cost versus alternative solutions. The constant switching frequency combined with low-impedance ceramic capacitors result in low, predictable output ripple.
A wide input voltage range of 3.6V to 36V makes the LT3592 useful in a variety of applications. Current mode PWM architecture provides fast transient response and cycle-by-cycle current limiting. Thermal shutdown provides additional protection.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1205A||LT3592EDDB Demoboard | 500mA Wide Input Voltage Range Step-Down LED Driver with 10:1 Dimming||$75.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive Signal Lighting
- Industrial Lighting
- Constant-Current, Constant Voltage Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3474/LT3474-1 - Step-Down 1A LED Driver
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LT3519/LT3519-1/LT3519-2 - LED Driver with Integrated Schottky Diode
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTM8040 - 36V, 1A μModule (Power Module) LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3956 - 80VIN, 80VOUT Constant-Current, Constant-Voltage Converter
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: