LT3591 - White LED Driver with Integrated Schottky in 3mm x 2mm DFN
- Drives Up to Ten White LEDs from a 3V Supply
- High Side Sense Allows “One Wire Current Source”
- Internal Schottky Diode
- One Pin Dimming and Shutdown
- 80:1 True Color PWMTM Dimming Range
- 42V Open LED Protection
- 1MHz Switching Frequency
- ±5% Reference Accuracy
- VIN Range: 2.5V to 12V
- Requires Only 2.2µF Output Capacitor
- Low Profile 8-Lead DFN Package
- (3mm × 2mm × 0.75mm)
The LT3591 is a fixed frequency step-up DC/DC converter speciﬁ cally designed to drive up to ten white LEDs in series from a Li-Ion cell. Series connection of the LEDs provides identical LED currents resulting in uniform brightness and eliminating the need for ballast resistors. The device features a unique high side LED current sense that enables the part to function as a “one wire current source;” one side of the LED string can be returned to ground anywhere, allowing a simpler one wire LED connection. Traditional LED drivers use a grounded resistor to sense LED current, requiring a 2-wire connection to the LED string.
The high switching frequency allows the use of tiny inductors and capacitors. A single pin performs both shutdown and accurate LED dimming control. Few external components are needed: open-LED protection and the Schottky diode are all contained inside a low proﬁ le 3mm × 2mm DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1124A||LT3591EDDB Demo Board | Boost LED Driver, 3V ≤ VIN ≤ 9V, VOUT = 40V @ 20mA||$75.00|
- Tape and Reel: Add #TR
- Lead Free: Add #PBF
- Lead Free Tape and Reel: Add #TRPBF
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3519/LT3519-1/LT3519-2 - LED Driver with Integrated Schottky Diode
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LT3593 - 1MHz White LED Driver with Output Disconnect and One Pin Current Programming
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LT3491 - White LED Driver in SC70 with Integrated Schottky
- LT3465 - 1.2MHz White LED Step-Up Converters with Built-In Schottky in ThinSOT
- LT3599 - 4-String 120mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: