LT3585 - Photoflash Charger with Adjustable Input Current and IGBT Driver
- Adjustable Input Current
- Integrated IGBT Driver
- No Output Voltage Divider Needed
- Uses Small Transformers: 5.8mm × 5.8mm × 3mm
- Fast Photoflash Charge Times
- Charges Any Size Photoflash Capacitor
- Supports Operation from Single Li-Ion Cell, Two AA
- Cells or any Supply from 1.5V Up to 16V
- Small 10-Lead (3mm × 2mm) DFN Package
The LT3585 series are highly integrated ICs designed to charge photoﬂash capacitors in digital and ﬁlm cameras. A new control technique allows for the use of extremely small transformers. Each part contains an on-chip high voltage NPN power switch. Output voltage detection is completely contained within the part, eliminating the need for any discrete zener diodes or resistors. The output voltage can be adjusted by simply changing the turns ratio of the transformer.
The CHRG/IADJ pin gives full control of the part to the user. Driving CHRG/IADJ low puts the part in low power shutdown. The CHRG/IADJ pin can also be used to reduce the input current of the charger, useful in extending battery life. The DONE pin indicates when the part has completed charging.
The LT3585 series of parts are housed in tiny 3mm × 2mm DFN packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC988A-A||LT3585EDDB-0 | 550mA I input Photoflash Charger with Adjustable Input Current Limit and Integrated IGBT Driver||$100.00|
|DC988A-B||LT3585EDDB-1 | 250mA I input Photoflash Charger with Adjustable Input Current Limit and Integrated IGBT Driver||$100.00|
|DC988A-C||LT3585EDDB-2 | 400mA I input Photoflash Charger with Adjustable Input Current Limit and Integrated IGBT Driver||$100.00|
|DC988A-D||LT3585EDDB-3 | 800mA I input Photoflash Charger with Adjustable Input Current Limit and Integrated IGBT Driver||$100.00|
- Digital/Film Camera Flash
- PDA/Cell Phone Flash
- Emergency Strobe
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3751 - High Voltage Capacitor Charger Controller with Regulation
- LT3485 - Photoflash Capacitor Chargers with Output Voltage Monitor and Integrated IGBT Drive
- LT3750 - Capacitor Charger Controller
- LT3468 - Photoflash Capacitor Chargers in ThinSOT
- LT3484 - Photoflash Capacitor Charger
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3420 - Photoflash Capacitor Chargers with Automatic Refresh
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: