LT3581 - 3.3A Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- 3.3A, 42V Combined Power Switch
- Master/Slave (1.9A/1.4A) Switch Design
- Output Short Circuit Protection
- Wide Input Range: 2.5V to 22V Operating, 40V Maximum Transient
- Switching Frequency Up to 2.5MHz
- Easily Configurable as a Boost, SEPIC, Inverting or Flyback Converter
- User Configurable Undervoltage Lockout
- Low VCESAT Switch: 250mV at 2.75A (Typical)
- Can be Synchronized to External Clock
- Can Be Synchronized to other Switching Regulators
- High Gain SHDN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying Input Signals
- 14-Pin 4mm × 3mm DFN and 16-Lead MSE Packages
The LT3581 is a PWM DC/DC converter with built-in fault protection features to aid in protecting against output shorts, input/output overvoltages, and overtemperature conditions. The part consists of a 42V master switch, and a 42V slave switch that can be tied together for a total current limit of 3.3A.
The LT3581 is ideal for many local power supply designs. It can be easily configured in Boost, SEPIC, Inverting or Flyback configurations, and is capable of generating 12V at 830mA, or –12V at 625mA from a 5V input. In addition, the LT3581’s slave switch allows the part to be configured in high voltage, high power charge pump topologies that are very efficient and require fewer components than traditional circuits.
The LT3581’s switching frequency range can be set between 200kHz and 2.5MHz. The part may be clocked internally at a frequency set by the resistor from the RT pin to ground, or it may be synchronized to an external clock. A buffered version of the clock signal is driven out of the CLKOUT pin, and may be used to synchronize other compatible switching regulator ICs to the LT3581.
The LT3581 also features innovative SHDN pin circuitry that allows for slowly varying input signals and an adjustable undervoltage lockout function. Additional features such as frequency foldback and soft-start are integrated. The LT3581 is available in 14-Pin 4mm × 3mm DFN and 16-Lead MSE packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1424A-A||LT3581EMSE Demo Board | VIN= 5V to 10V, VOUT1 = 12V @ 900mA||$175.00|
|DC1424A-B||LT3581EMSE Demo Board | VIN= 5V to 12V, VOUT1 = -12V @ 750mA||$175.00|
- Local Power Supply
- Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) Bias Supplies
- TFT-LCD Bias Supplies
- Automotive Engine Control Unit (ECU) Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT3579 - 6A Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3958 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Converter
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3479 - 3A, Full Featured DC/DC Converter with Soft-Start and Inrush Current Protection
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV