LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- 2A Internal Power Switch
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Single Feedback Resistor Sets VOUT
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- High Gain SHDN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying
- Input Signals
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 32V
- Low VCESAT Switch: 300mV at 1.5A (Typical)
- Integrated Soft-Start Function
- Easily Configurable as a Boost or Inverting Converter
- User Configurable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Tiny 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN and 8-Lead MSOP Packages
The LT®3580 is a PWM DC/DC converter containing an internal 2A, 42V switch. The LT3580 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or inverting converter. Capable of generating 12V at 550mA or –12V at 350mA from a 5V input, the LT3580 is ideal for many local power supply designs.
The LT3580 has an adjustable oscillator, set by a resistor from the RT pin to ground. Additionally, the LT3580 can be synchronized to an external clock. The free running or synchronized switching frequency range of the part can be set between 200kHz and 2.5MHz.
The LT3580 also features innovative SHDN pin circuitry that allows for slowly varying input signals and an adjustable undervoltage lockout function.
Additional features such as frequency foldback and soft-start are integrated. The LT3580 is available in tiny 3mm × 3mm 8-lead DFN and 8-lead MSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1144A-A||LT3580EDD is a Boost DC/DC Converter, 3V to10Vin, to 12V at 300mA out||$150.00|
|DC1144A-B||LT3580EDD is an Inverting DC/DC Converter, 5V to 12Vin, to -12V at 350mA out||$150.00|
- VFD Bias Supplies
- TFT-LCD Bias Supplies
- GPS Receivers
- DSL Modems
- Local Power Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3958 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Converter
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC1871 - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV