LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- 2A Internal Power Switch
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Single Feedback Resistor Sets VOUT
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- High Gain SHDN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying
- Input Signals
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 32V
- Low VCESAT Switch: 300mV at 1.5A (Typical)
- Integrated Soft-Start Function
- Easily Configurable as a Boost or Inverting Converter
- User Configurable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Tiny 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN and 8-Lead MSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT®3580 is a PWM DC/DC converter containing an internal 2A, 42V switch. The LT3580 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or inverting converter. Capable of generating 12V at 550mA or –12V at 350mA from a 5V input, the LT3580 is ideal for many local power supply designs.
The LT3580 has an adjustable oscillator, set by a resistor from the RT pin to ground. Additionally, the LT3580 can be synchronized to an external clock. The free running or synchronized switching frequency range of the part can be set between 200kHz and 2.5MHz.
The LT3580 also features innovative SHDN pin circuitry that allows for slowly varying input signals and an adjustable undervoltage lockout function.
Additional features such as frequency foldback and soft-start are integrated. The LT3580 is available in tiny 3mm × 3mm 8-lead DFN and 8-lead MSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1144A-A||LT3580EDD Demo Board | 3V ≤ VIN ≤ 10V, VOUT = 12V @ 300mA||$150.00|
|DC1144A-B||LT3580EDD Demo Board | 5V ≤ VIN ≤ 12, VOUT = -12V @ 350mA||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation AppicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- VFD Bias Supplies
- TFT-LCD Bias Supplies
- GPS Receivers
- DSL Modems
- Local Power Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3471 - Dual 1.3A, 1.2MHz Boost/Inverter in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: