LT3579 - 6A Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- 6A, 42V Combined Power Switch
- Output Short Circuit Protection
- Wide Input Range: 2.5V to 16V Operating, 40V Maximum Transient
- LT3579-1: Dual-Phase Capable
- Master/Slave (3.4A/2.6A) Switch Design
- User Configurable Undervoltage Lockout
- Easily Configurable as a Boost, SEPIC, Inverting, or Flyback Converter
- Low VCESAT Switch: 250mV at 5.5A (Typical)
- Can be Synchronized to External Clock
- Can Synchronize other Switching Regulators
- High Gain SHDN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying Input Signals
- 20-Lead TSSOP and 20-Pin 4mm × 5mm QFN Packages
The LT3579 is a PWM DC/DC converter with built-in fault protection features to aid in protecting against output shorts, input/output overvoltage, and overtemperature conditions. The part consists of a 42V master switch, and a 42V slave switch that can be tied together for a total current limit of 6A.
The LT3579 is ideal for many local power supply designs. It can be easily configured in Boost, SEPIC, Inverting, or Flyback configurations, and is capable of generating 12V at 1.7A, or –12V at 1.2A from a 5V input. In addition, the LT3579’s slave switch allows the part to be configured in high voltage, high power charge pump topologies that are very efficient and require fewer components than traditional circuits.
The LT3579’s switching frequency range can be set bet ween 200kHz and 2.5MHz. The part may be clocked internally at a frequency set by the resistor from the RT pin to ground, or it may be synchronized to an external clock. A buffered version of the clock signal is driven out of the CLKOUT pin, and may be used to synchronize other compatible switching regulator ICs to the LT3579.
The LT3579 also features innovative SHDN pin circuitry that allows for slowly varying input signals and an adjustable undervoltage lockout function. Additional features such as frequency foldback and soft-start are integrated. The LT3579 is available in 20-lead TSSOP and 20-pin 4mm × 5mm QFN packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1514A||LT3579EFE Demo Board | 6.5A Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection||$150.00|
|DC1661A||LT3579EFE/LT3579EFE-1 Demo Board||Contact Factory|
- Local Power Supply
- Vacuum Flourescent Display (VFD) Bias Supplies
- TFT-LCD Bias Supplies
- Automotive Engine Control Unit (ECU) Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3581 - 3.3A Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3959 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Converter with 6A, 40V Switch
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT1370 - 500kHz High Efficiency 6A Switching Regulator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV