LT3518 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 2.3A Switch Current
- 3000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming Ratio
- 2.3A, 45V Internal Switch
- 100mV High Side Current Sense
- Open LED Protection
- Adjustable Frequency: 250kHz to 2.5MHz
- Wide Input Voltage Range:
Operation from 3V to 30V
Transient Protection to 40V
- Operates in Boost, Buck Mode and Buck-Boost Mode
- Gate Driver for PMOS LED Disconnect
- Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Regulation
- CTRL Pin Provides 10:1 Analog Dimming
- Low Shutdown Current: <1μA
- Available in (4mm × 4mm) 16-Lead QFN and 16-Pin TSSOP Packages
The LT3518 is a current mode DC/DC converter with an internal 2.3A, 45V switch specifically designed to drive LEDs. The LT3518 operates as a LED driver in boost, buck mode and buck-boost mode. It combines a traditional voltage loop and a unique current loop to operate as a constant-current source or constant-voltage source. Programmable switching frequency allows optimization of the external components for efficiency or component size. The switching frequency of the LT3518 can be synchronized to an external clock signal. The LED current is externally programmable with a 100mV sense resistor. The external PWM input provides 3000:1 LED dimming. The CTRL pin provides further 10:1 dimming ratio.
The LT3518 is available in the tiny footprint 16-lead QFN (4mm × 4mm) and the 16-pin TSSOP package. The LT3518 provides a complete solution for both constant-voltage and constant-current applications.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1160A||LT3518EUF Demo Board.||$100.00|
- Display Backlighting
- Automotive and Avionic Lighting
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3956 - 80VIN, 80VOUT Constant-Current, Constant-Voltage Converter
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3755/LT3755-1/LT3755-2 - 40VIN, 75VOUT LED Controllers
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: