LT3514 - Triple Step-Down Switching Regulator with 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.2V to 36V
- Three Outputs: 2A, 1A, 1A
- 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- Resistor-Programmed Constant Frequency
- Short-Circuit Robust
- Wide SYNC Range: 350kHz to 2.2MHz
- Anti-Phase Switching Reduces Ripple
- Feedback Voltage: 800mV
- Independent Run/Soft-Start Pins
- Shutdown with UVLO
- Internal Compensation
- Thermal Shutdown
- Tiny 28-Lead (4mm × 5mm) Thermally Enhanced QFN Package
- 24-Lead Exposed Pad TSSOP
The LT®3514 consists of three buck regulators (2A, 1A, 1A output current). The device has a wide operating input range of 3.2V to 36V. An on-chip boost regulator allows each channel to operate up to 100% duty cycle. The LT3514 is designed to minimize external component count and results in a simple and small application circuit.
The LT3514 operates robustly in fault conditions. Cycleby- cycle peak current limit and catch diode current limit sensing protect the IC during overload conditions. Thermal shutdown protects the power switches at elevated temperatures. Soft-start helps control the peak inductor current during startup.
The LT3514 also features output voltage tracking and sequencing, programmable frequency, programmable undervoltage lockout, and a power good pin to indicate when all outputs are in regulation.
The LT3514 has one fewer channel (CH2) than the LT3504, and has one channel (CH3) that outputs 2A instead of 1A. The LT3514 in QFN is pin compatible with the LT3504. The LT3504 provides four 1A outputs.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1980A||LT3514 Demo Board | 5.4V to 36VIN, Triple Output; VOUT1 = 5V @ 1A, VOUT2 = 3.3V @ 2A, VOUT3 = 1.8V @ 1A||$175.00|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Industrial Control Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
- Distributed Supply Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3504 - Quad 40V/1A Step-Down Switching Regulator with 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: