LT3503 - 1A, 2.2MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator in 2mm x 3mm DFN
- Wide Input Range: 3.6V to 20V
- 5V at 1.2A from 11V to 18V Input
- 5V at 1A from 7.2V to 18V Input
- 3.3V at 1.2A from 8.5V to 12V Input
- 3.3V at 1A from 5.5V to 12V Input
- Fixed Frequency Operation: 2.2MHz
- Output Adjustable Down to 780mV
- Short-Circuit Robust
- Uses Tiny Capacitors and Inductors
- Internally Compensated
- Low Shutdown Current: <2µA
- Low VCESAT Switch: 400mV at 1A
- Thermally Enhanced, 2mm x 3mm 6-Pin DFN Low Profile Package
DescriptionThe LT3503 is a current mode PWM step-down DC/DC converter with an internal 1.45A power switch. The wide operating input range of 3.6V to 20V makes the LT3503 ideal for regulating power from a wide variety of sources. Its high operating frequency allows the use of tiny, low cost inductors and ceramic capacitors, resulting in low, predictable output ripple.
Cycle-by-cycle current limit provides protection against shorted outputs and soft-start eliminates input current surge during start-up. The low current (<2µA) shutdown mode provides output disconnect, enabling easy power management in battery-powered systems.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1050A||LT3503EDCB Demo Board | 4.5 ≤ VIN ≤ 20V, VOUT = 3.3V @ 1.2A||$75.00|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Industrial Control Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Battery-Powered Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3502/LT3502A - 1.1MHz/2.2MHz, 500mA Step-Down Regulators in 2mm × 2mm DFN and MS10
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3621 - 17V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 3.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC3646/LTC3646-1 - 40V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT3060 - 45V VIN, Micropower, Low Noise, 100mA Low Dropout, Linear Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: