LT3498 - 20mA LED Driver and OLED Driver with Integrated Schottky in 3mm x 2mm DFN
- Dual Output Boost for Dual Display Devices
- Drives Up to Six White LEDs and OLED/LCD Bias
- Internal Power Switches and Schottky Diodes
- Independent Dimming and Shutdown
- 200mV High Side Sense on LED Driver Allows "One-Wire Current Source"
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 12V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: Up to 32V
- 2.3MHz PWM Frequency for LED Driver
- PFM for OLED Driver is Non-Audible Over Entire Load Range
- Open LED Protection (27V Maximum on CAP1 Pin)
- OLED Output Disconnect
- Available in 12-Pin DFN Package
- 1mm Tall Solution Height
The LT3498 is a dual output boost converter featuring a 2.3MHz PWM LED Driver and PFM OLED Driver. It includes an internal power switch and Schottky diode for each driver. Both converters can be independently shut down and modulated. This highly integrated power solution is ideal for dual display electronic devices.
The 2.3MHz step-up converter is designed to drive up to six white LEDs in series from a Li-Ion cell. The device features a unique high side LED current sense that enables the part to function as a “one-wire” current source—one side of the LED string can be returned to ground anywhere. Traditional LED drivers use a grounded resistor to sense LED current, requiring a 2-wire connection to the LED string.
The PFM OLED driver is a low noise boost converter that features a novel control technique.* The converter controls power delivery by varying both the peak inductor current and switch off time. This technique results in low output voltage ripple, as well as, high efficiency over a wide load range. The off time of the switch is not allowed to exceed a fixed level, guaranteeing a switching frequency that stays above the audio band.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1137A||LT3498EDDB Demo Board | 20mA LED Driver & OLED Driver w/ Integrated Schottky in 2x3 DFN.||Contact Factory|
- Cellular Phones
- PDAs, Handheld Computers
- Digital Cameras
- MP3 Players
- GPS Receivers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1172 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LT1613 - 1.4MHz, Single Cell DC/DC Converter in 5-Lead SOT-23
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: