LT3497 - Dual Full Function White LED Driver with Integrated Schottky Diodes
- Drives Up to 12 White LEDs (6 in Series per Converter) from a 3V Supply
- Two Independent Boost Converters Capable of Driving Asymmetric LED Strings
- Independent Dimming and Shutdown Control of the Two LED Strings
- High Side Sense Allows “One Wire Current Source” per Converter
- Internal Schottky Diodes
- Open LED Protection (32V)
- 2.3MHz Switching Frequency
- ±5% Reference Accuracy
- VIN Range: 2.5V to 10V
- Dual Wide 250:1 True Color PWMTM Dimming
- Requires Only 1µF Output Capacitor per Converter
- Available in a 3mm × 2mm 10-Pin DFN Package
DescriptionThe LT3497 is a dual full function step-up DC/DC converter speciﬁcally designed to drive up to 12 white LEDs (6 white LEDs in series per converter) from a Li-Ion cell. Series connection of the LEDs provides identical LED currents resulting in uniform brightness and eliminating the need for ballast resistors and expensive factory calibration.
The two independent converters are capable of driving asymmetric LED strings. Accurate LED dimming and shutdown of the two LED strings can also be controlled independently. The LT3497 features a unique high side LED current sense that enables the part to function as a “one wire current source;” one side of the LED string can be returned to ground anywhere, allowing a simpler 1-wire LED connection. Traditional LED drivers use a grounded resistor to sense LED current, requiring a 2-wire connection to the LED string.
The 2.3MHz switching frequency allows the use of tiny inductors and capacitors. Few external components are needed for the dual white LED Driver: open-LED protection and the Schottky diodes are all contained inside the 3mm × 2mm DFN package. With such a high level of integration, the LT3497 provides a high efficiency dual white LED driver solution in the smallest of spaces.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1019A||LT3497EDDB Demo Board||$75.00|
- Cellular Phones
- PDAs, Handheld Computers
- Digital Cameras
- MP3 Players
- GPS Receivers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT3599 - 4-String 120mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT3476 - High Current Quad Output LED Driver
- LT3496 - Triple Output LED Driver
- LT3491 - White LED Driver in SC70 with Integrated Schottky
- LT3598 - 6-String 30mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- LT3486 - Dual 1.3A White LED Step-Up Converters with Wide Dimming
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: