LT3496 - Triple Output LED Driver
- True Color PWM™ Dimming Delivers Up to 3000:1 Dimming Ratio
- Built-In Gate Driver for PMOS LED Disconnect
- Three Independent Driver Channels with 750mA, 45V Internal Switches
- Operates in Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost Modes
- CTRL Pin Accurately Sets LED Current Sense Threshold Over a Range of 10mV to 100mV
- Adjustable Frequency: 330kHz to 2.1MHz
- Open LED Protection
- Wide VIN Supply Range: Operation from 3V to 30V, Transient Protection to 40V
- Surface Mount Components
- 28-Lead (4mm × 5mm) QFN and TSSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3496 is a triple output DC/DC converter designed to operate as a constant-current source and is ideal for driving LEDs. The LT3496 works in buck, boost or buck boost mode. The LT3496 uses a fixed frequency, current mode architecture resulting in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. A frequency adjust pin allows the user to program switching frequency between 330kHz and 2.1MHz to optimize efficiency and external component size.
The LT3496 supports 3000:1 dimming control on each channel. Each of the three regulators is independently operated by that channel’s PWM signal. The PWM feature allows precise adjustment of the color mixing or dimming ratio of the LED source. Each of the three channels has a built-in gate driver to drive an external LED-disconnect P-channel MOSFET, allowing high dimming range. The output current range of each channel of the LT3496 is programmed with an external sense resistor.
The CTRL pins are used to adjust the LED currents either for analog dimming or overtemperature protection.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1288A||LT3496EUFD Demo Circuit | Buck-Boost or Boost Triple Output LED Driver, 8V ≤ VIN ≤ 16V, VLED up to 36V @ 200mA (x3)||$100.00|
|DC986A||LT3496EUFD Demo Circuit | Buck-Mode Triple LED Driver, 3V ≤ VIN ≤ 45V, VLED up to 45V (x3)||$125.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- RGB Lighting
- Billboards and Large Displays
- Automotive and Avionic Lighting
- Constant-Current Sources
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3492 - Triple Output LED Driver with 3000:1 PWM Dimming
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LT3476 - High Current Quad Output LED Driver
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LT3599 - 4-String 120mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT3518 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 2.3A Switch Current
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: