LT3493 - 1.2A, 750kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator in 2mm × 3mm DFN
- Wide Input Range: 3.6V to 36V Operating, 40V Maximum
- 1.2A Output Current
- Fixed Frequency Operation: 750kHz
- Output Adjustable Down to 780mV
- Short-Circuit Robust
- Uses Tiny Capacitors and Inductors
- Internally Compensated
- Low Shutdown Current: <2μA
- Low VCESAT Switch: 330mV at 1A
- Thermally Enhanced, Low Profile DFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3493 is a current mode PWM step-down DC/DC converter with an internal 1.75A power switch. The wide operating input range of 3.6V to 36V (40V maximum) makes the LT3493 ideal for regulating power from a wide variety of sources, including unregulated wall transformers, 24V industrial supplies and automotive batteries. Its high operating frequency allows the use of tiny, low cost inductors and ceramic capacitors, resulting in low, predictable output ripple.
Cycle-by-cycle current limit provides protection against shorted outputs and soft-start eliminates input current surge during start-up. The low current (<2µA) shutdown mode provides output disconnect, enabling easy power management in battery-powered systems.
|LT3493||3.6V to 36V Operating,
|LT3493-3||6.8V to 36V Operating,
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC897A||LT3493EDCB Demo Board | 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V, Vout = 3.3V @ 1.2A||$75.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Industrial Control Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Battery-Powered Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3505 - 1.2A, Step-Down Switching Regulator in 3mm x 3mm DFN
- LTC3646/LTC3646-1 - 40V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3682 - 1A Micropower Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT3502/LT3502A - 1.1MHz/2.2MHz, 500mA Step-Down Regulators in 2mm × 2mm DFN and MS10
- LT3971 - 38V, 1.2A, 2MHz Step-Down Regulator with 2.8μA Quiescent Current
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3480 - 36V, 2A, 2.4MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 70µA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: