LT3489 - 2MHz Boost DC/DC Converter with 2.5A Switch and Soft-Start
- 2.5A, 0.12Ω, 40V Internal Switch
- 2MHz Switching Frequency
- Integrated Soft-Start Function
- VIN Range: 2.6V to 16V
- Adjustable Output from VIN to 40V
- Low VCESAT Switch: 110mV at 1A (Typical)
- 8V at 610mA from a 3.3V Input
- Internal or External Loop Compensation
- Small 8-Lead MS8E
DescriptionThe LT3489 is a ﬁxed frequency step-up DC/DC converter containing an internal 2.5A, 40V switch. The LT3489 is ideal for large TFT-LCD panel power supplies. The LT3489 switches at 2MHz, allowing the use of tiny, low proﬁle inductors and low value ceramic capacitors. Loop compensation can be either internal or external, giving the user ﬂexibility in setting loop compensation and allowing optimized transient response with low ESR ceramic output capacitors. Soft-start is controlled with an external capacitor, which determines the input current ramp rate during start-up.
The 8-lead MS8E package and high switching frequency ensure a low proﬁle overall solution less than 1.1mm high.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC925A||LT3489EMS8E Demo Board | Triple Output, Boost Plus 23V Charge Pump & -8V Inverting Charge Pump||$100.00|
- TFT-LCD Bias Supplies
- GPS Receivers
- DSL Modems
- Local Power Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT1935 - 1.2MHz Boost DC/DC Converter in ThinSOT with 2A Switch
- LT3581 - 3.3A Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT1170 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT1308A and B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3579 - 6A Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: