LT3486 - Dual 1.3A White LED Step-Up Converters with Wide Dimming
- Wide (1000:1) PWM Dimming Range with No ColorShift
- Independent Dimming and Shutdown Control of the LED Drivers
- Drives Up to 16 White LEDs at 25mA (8 per Driver) from a Single Li-Ion Cell
- Drives Up to 16 White LEDs at 100mA (8 per Driver) from 12V Supply
- ±3% LED Current Programming Accuracy
- Open LED Protection: 36V Clamp Voltage
- Fixed Frequency Operation: Up to 2.5MHz
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 24V
- Low Shutdown Current: ICC < 1μA
- Overtemperature Protection
- Available in (5mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) 16-Pin DFN and 16-Pin Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3486 is a dual step-up DC/DC converter specifically designed to drive up to 16 White LEDs (8 in series per converter) at constant current from a single Li-Ion cell. Series connection of the LEDs provides identical LED currents resulting in uniform brightness. The two independent converters are capable of driving asymmetric LED strings.
The dimming of the two LED strings can be controlled independently via the respective CTRL pins. An internal dimming system allows the dimming range to be extended up to 1000:1 by feeding a PWM signal to the respective PWM pins. The LT3486 operating frequency can be set with an external resistor over a 200kHz to 2.5MHz range. A low 200mV feedback voltage (±3% accuracy) minimizes power loss in the current setting resistor for better efficiency. Additional features include output voltage limiting when LEDs are disconnected and overtemperature protection.
The LT3486 is available in a space saving 16-pin DFN (5mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) and 16-pin thermally enhanced TSSOP packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC876A||LT3486EFE Demo Board | Dual Boost LED Driver, 3V ≤ VIN ≤ 25V, VLED up to 36V @ 100mA (x2)||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Notebook PC Display
- LED Camera Light for Cell Phones
- Car Dashboard Lighting
- Avionics Displays
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LT3599 - 4-String 120mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3476 - High Current Quad Output LED Driver
- LT3496 - Triple Output LED Driver
- LT3598 - 6-String 30mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: