LT3484 - Photoflash Capacitor Charger
- Highly Integrated IC in 2mm × 3mm DFN Package Reduces Solution Size
- Uses Small Transformers: 5.8mm × 5.8mm × 3mm
- Fast Photoflash Charge Times:
4.6s for LT3484-0 (0V to 320V, 100µF, VIN = 3.6V)
5.7s for LT3484-2 (0V to 320V, 100µF, VIN = 3.6V)
5.5s for LT3484-1 (0V to 320V, 50µF, VIN = 3.6V)
- Operates from Two AA Batteries, or Any Supply from 1.8V up to 16V
- Controlled Average Input Current
- No Output Voltage Divider Needed
- No External Schottky Diode Required
- Charges Any Size Photoflash Capacitor
- Available in 6-Lead 2mm × 3mm DFN Package
DescriptionThe LT3484 family of photoflash capacitor charger ICs is designed for use in digital camera and mobile phone applications where space is at a premium. The LT3484's patented control technique allows it to use extremely small transformers, and the improved NPN power switch requires no external Schottky diode clamp, reducing solution size. Output voltage detection requires no external circuitry as the transformer turns ratio determines final charge voltage.
The devices feature a VBAT pin, which allows the use of 2 alkaline cells to charge the capacitor. The LT3484-0, -2 and -1 have primary current limits of 1.4A, 1A and 0.7A respectively, resulting in tightly controlled average input current of 500mA, 350mA and 225mA respectively. The three versions are otherwise identical.
The CHARGE pin gives full control of the part to the user. Driving CHARGE low puts the part in shutdown. The DONE pin indicates when the part has completed charging. The LT3484 series of parts are housed in a tiny low profile 2mm × 3mm DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC855A-A||LT3484EDCB-0 | Photoflash Charger, Vin=2.8V-4.2V, Vbat=1.8V-4.2V, 5V Max||$100.00|
|DC855A-B||LT3484EDCB-1 | Photoflash Charger, Vin=2.8V-4.2V, Vbat=1.8V-4.2V, 5V Max||Contact Factory|
|DC855A-C||LT3484EDCB-2 | Photoflash Charger, Vin=2.8V-4.2V, Vbat=1.8V-4.2V, 5V Max||$100.00|
- Digital Camera and Cell Phone Flash Charger
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3751 - High Voltage Capacitor Charger Controller with Regulation
- LT3750 - Capacitor Charger Controller
- LT3485 - Photoflash Capacitor Chargers with Output Voltage Monitor and Integrated IGBT Drive
- LT3468 - Photoflash Capacitor Chargers in ThinSOT
- LT3585 - Photoflash Charger with Adjustable Input Current and IGBT Driver
- LT3420 - Photoflash Capacitor Chargers with Automatic Refresh
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: