LT3479 - 3A, Full Featured DC/DC Converter with Soft-Start and Inrush Current Protection
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 24V
- 3A, 42V Internal Switch
- High Efficiency Power Conversion: Up to 89%
- Frequency Set by External Resistor: 200kHz to 3.5MHz
- Protection Against Input Short Circuits and Hot Plugging
- Low VCESAT Switch: 0.3V at 2.5A (Typical)
- Capable of Positive and Negative Outputs
- Available in Thermally Enhanced 14-Lead (4mm × 3mm) DFN and 16-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LT3479 is a current mode, fixed frequency step-up DC/DC converter with an internal 3A, 42V switch. Efficiencies of up to 89% can be achieved in typical applications. It features a programmable soft-start function to limit inductor current during start-up and inrush current protection to protect the LT3479 during shorts and line transients. Both inputs of the error amplifier are available to the user allowing positive and negative output voltages. Through an external resistor, the user can program the switching frequency from 200kHz to 3.5MHz. The low profile (0.75mm) 14-pin, 4mm × 3mm DFN package provides excellent thermal performance in a small footprint. The LT3479 is also available in a thermally enhanced 16-pin TSSOP package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC765B||LT3479EDE Demo Board | Positive/ Negative Converter (LT3479 x2), Boost: 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 4.2V, Vout=7V@600mA, Inverter: 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 12V, Vout=-5V@600mA||$175.00|
|DC843A||LT3479EDE/ High Current Boost LED Driver, Vin = 2.7V-4.5V||$100.00|
- High Power LED Driver
- DSL Modems
- Distributed Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT3581 - 3.3A Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3959 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Converter with 6A, 40V Switch
- LT3579 - 6A Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT3958 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Converter
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: