LT3476 - High Current Quad Output LED Driver
- True Color PWM Dimming Delivers Up to 5000:1 Dimming Ratio (In Boost Configuration)
- LED Current Regulation with High-Side Sense
- VADJ Pin Accurately Sets LED Current Sense Threshold Over Range 10mV to 120mV
- Four Independent Driver Channels with 1.5A, 36V Internal NPN Switches
- Frequency Adjust Pin: 200kHz to 2MHz
- High Efficiency Conversion = Up to 96%
- Open LED Protection
- Low Shutdown Current < 10μA
- Wide VIN Range: 2.8V to 16V
- Thermally Enhanced, 38-Lead, 5mm × 7mm QFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LT3476 is a quad output DC/DC converter designed to operate as a constant-current source for driving high current LEDs. A ﬁxed frequency, current mode architecture results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. A frequency adjust pin allows the user to program switching frequency between 200kHz and 2MHz to optimize efﬁciency and external component size. The LT3476 senses output current at the high side of the LED. High side current sensing is the most ﬂexible scheme for driving LEDs, allowing buck, boost or buckboost conﬁgurations. Each current monitor threshold is trimmed to within 2.5% at the full scale of 105mV. With an external sense resistor, the user programs the output current range of each channel. Each of the four regulators is independently operated by that channel’s PWM signal. This PWM feature allows precise adjustment of the color mixing or dimming ratio of the LED source. Dimming ratios up to 1000:1 can be achieved.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC976A||LT3476EUHF Demo Board | Quad Buck Mode LED Driver, PVIN ≤ 33V, Up to 27VLED @ 350mA or 1.05A||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- RGGB Lighting
- Automotive and Avionic Lighting
- TFT LCD Backlighting
- Constant-Current Sources
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3496 - Triple Output LED Driver
- LT3599 - 4-String 120mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
- LT3518 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 2.3A Switch Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: