LT3475/LT3475-1 - Dual Step-Down 1.5A LED Driver
- True Color PWM Delivers Constant Color with 3000:1 Dimming Range
- Wide Input Range: 4V to 36V Operating, 40V Maximum
- Accurate and Adjustable Control of LED Current from 50mA to 1.5A
- High Side Current Sense Allows Grounded Cathode LED Operation
- Open LED (LT3475) and Short Circuit Protection
- LT3475-1 Drives LED Strings Up to 25V
- Accurate and Adjustable 200kHz to 2MHz Switching Frequency
- Anti-Phase Switching Reduces Ripple
- Uses Small Inductors and Ceramic Capacitors
- Available in the Compact 20-Lead TSSOP Thermally Enhanced Surface Mount Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LT3475 is a dual step-down DC/DC converter designed to operate as a constant-current source. An internal sense resistor monitors the output current allowing accurate current regulation ideal for driving high current LEDs. The high side current sense allows grounded cathode LED operation. High output current accuracy is maintained over a wide current range, from 50mA to 1.5A, allowing a wide dimming range. Unique PWM circuitry allows a dimming range of 3000:1, avoiding the color shift normally associated with LED current dimming.
The high switching frequency offers several advantages, permitting the use of small inductors and ceramic capacitors. Small inductors combined with the LT3475's 20 lead TSSOP surface mount package save space and cost versus alternative solutions. The constant switching frequency combined with low-impedance ceramic capacitors result in low, predictable output ripple.
With its wide input range of 4V to 36V, the LT3475 regulates a broad array of power sources. A current mode PWM architecture provides fast transient response and cycle-by-cycle current limiting. Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown provide additional protection.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1315A||LT3475IFE-1Demo Board | Dual Step-Down LED Driver, 4V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V, Vout up to 13V @ 1.5A (x2)||$100.00|
|DC923A||LT3475 Demo board||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive and Avionic Lighting
- Architectural Detail Lighting
- Display Backlighting
- Constant-Current Sources
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3474/LT3474-1 - Step-Down 1A LED Driver
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3956 - 80VIN, 80VOUT Constant-Current, Constant-Voltage Converter
- LT3518 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 2.3A Switch Current
- LT3476 - High Current Quad Output LED Driver
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: