LT3474/LT3474-1 - Step-Down 1A LED Driver
- True Color PWM Delivers Constant Color with 400:1 Dimming Range
- Wide Input Range: 4V to 36V
- Up to 1A LED Current
- Adjustable 200kHz–2MHz Switching Frequency
- Adjustable Control of LED Current
- Integrated Boost Diode
- High Output Current Accuracy is Maintained Over a Wide Range from 35mA to 1A
- Open LED (LT3474) and Short-Circuit Protection
- High Side Sense Allows Grounded Cathode Connection
- Uses Small Inductors and Ceramic Capacitors
- LT3474-1 Drives LED Strings Up to 26V
- Compact 16-Lead TSSOP Thermally Enhanced Surface Mount Package
The LT3474/LT3474-1 are fixed frequency step-down DC/DC converters designed to operate as constant-current sources. An internal sense resistor monitors the output current allowing accurate current regulation, ideal for driving high current LEDs. High output current accuracy is maintained over a wide current range, from 35mA to 1A, allowing a wide dimming range.
Unique PWM circuitry allows a dimming range of 400:1, avoiding the color shift normally associated with LED current dimming.
The high switching frequency offers several advantages, permitting the use of small inductors and ceramic capacitors. Small inductors combined with the 16 lead TSSOP surface mount package save space and cost versus alternative solutions. The constant switching frequency combined with low-impedance ceramic capacitors result in low, predictable output ripple.
With their wide input range of 4V to 36V, the LT3474/ LT3474-1 regulate a broad array of power sources, from 5V logic rails to unregulated wall transformers, lead acid batteries and distributed power supplies. A current mode PWM architecture provides fast transient response and cycle-by-cycle current limiting. Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown provide additional protection.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1309A||LT3474EFE-1 | 1A Step Down LED Driver in TSSOP-16E||$100.00|
|DC842A||LT3474EFE/IFE | Step-Down 1A LED Driver||$100.00|
- Automotive and Avionic Lighting
- Architectural Detail Lighting
- Display Backlighting
- Constant Current Sources
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - uModule Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT3518 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 2.3A Switch Current
- LTM8040 - 36V, 1A uModule LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3956 - 80VIN, 80VOUT Constant-Current, Constant-Voltage Converter
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: