LT3473 - Micropower 1A Boost Converter with Schottky and Output Disconnect
- Tiny Solution Size
- Low Quiescent Current:
- 150µA in Active Mode
(VIN = 3.6V, VOUT = 15V, No Load)
1µA in Shutdown Mode
- Internal 1A, 36V Switch
- Integrated Schottky Diode
- Integrated PNP Output Disconnect
- Internal Reference Override Pin
- PGOOD Pin
- 25V at 80mA from 3.6V Input
- Auxiliary NPNs for Intermediate Bias Voltages (LT3473A)
- Automatic Burst Mode® Operation at Light Load
- Constant Switching Frequency: 1.2MHz
- Thermal Shutdown
- Input Range: 2.2V to 16V
- Low Profile (3mm × 3mm) DFN Package (LT3473)
- Low Profile (4mm × 3mm) DFN Package (LT3473A)
DescriptionThe LT3473/LT3473A are micropower step-up DC/DC converters with integrated Schottky diode and output disconnect circuitry in low profile DFN packages. The small package size, high level of integration and the use of tiny SMT components yield a solution size of less than 50mm2. The internal 1A switch allows the device to deliver 25V at up to 80mA from a Li-Ion cell, while automatic Burst Mode operation maintains efficiency at light load. An auxiliary reference input (CTRL) allows the user to override the internal 1.25V feedback reference with any lower value, allowing full control of the output voltage during operation. A PGOOD pin sinks current when the output voltage reaches 90% of final value.
The LT3473A includes two NPN transistors for generating intermediate bias voltages from the output and is offered in a 12-lead (4mm × 3mm) DFN package. The LT3473 does not include these NPNs and is offered in an 8-lead (3mm × 3mm) package.
The rugged 36V switch and output disconnect circuitry allow outputs up to 34V to be easily generated in a simple boost topology.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC883A||LT3473EDD | Li-Ion to 25V Step-Up DC/DC Converter, 3V to 4.2Vin, 25Vout @ 80mA||$100.00|
- OLED Bias
- CCD Bias
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LT3494 - Micropower Low Noise Boost Converters with Output Disconnect
- LT3467 - 1.1A Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Integrated Soft-Start
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT3495 - 650mA Micropower Low Noise Boost Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1930 - 1A, 1.2MHz/2.2MHz, Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: