LT3471 - Dual 1.3A, 1.2MHz Boost/Inverter in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
- Low VCESAT Switches: 330mV at 1.3A
- High Output Voltage: Up to 40V
- Wide Input Range: 2.4V to 16V
- Inverting Capability
- 5V at 630mA from 3.3V Input
- 12V at 320mA from 5V Input
- –12V at 200mA from 5V Input
- Uses Tiny Surface Mount Components
- Low Shutdown Current: <1µA
- Low Profile (0.75mm) 10-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN Package
The LT3471 dual switching regulator combines two 42V, 1.3A switches with error amplifiers that can sense to ground providing boost and inverting capability. The low VCESAT bipolar switches enable the device to deliver high current outputs in a small footprint. The LT3471 switches at 1.2MHz, allowing the use of tiny, low cost and low profile inductors and capacitors. High inrush current at start-up is eliminated using the programmable soft-start function, where an external RC sets the current ramp rate. A constant frequency current mode PWM architecture results in low, predictable output noise that is easy to filter.
The LT3471 switches are rated at 42V, making the device ideal for boost converters up to ±40V as well as SEPIC and flyback designs. Each channel can generate 5V at up to 630mA from a 3.3V supply, or 5V at 510mA from four alkaline cells in a SEPIC design. The device can be configured as two boosts, a boost and inverter or two inverters.
The LT3471 is available in a low profile (0.75mm) 10-lead 3mm × 3mm DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1280A||LT3471EDD Demo Board | Dual 12Vout @ 300mA & -12Vout @ 200mA Boost/Inverter in 3x3 DFN||$125.00|
- Organic LED Power Supply
- Digital Cameras
- White LED Power Supply
- Cellular Phones
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment
- Local ±5V or ±12V Supply
- TFT-LCD Bias Supply
- xDSL Power Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT3463 - Dual Micropower DC/DC Converters with Schottky Diodes
- LT1945 - Dual Micropower DC/DC Converter with Positive and Negative Outputs
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3487 - Boost and Inverting Switching Regulator for CCD Bias
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: