LT3470A - Micropower Buck Regulator with Integrated Boost and Catch Diodes
- Low Quiescent Current: 35μA at 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
- Integrated Boost and Catch Diodes
- Input Range: 4V to 40V
- 3.3V at 250mA from 4V to 40V Input
- 5V at 250mA from 5.7V to 40V Input
- Low Output Ripple: <10mV
- <1μA in Shutdown Mode
- Output Voltage: 1.25V to 16V
- Hysteretic Mode Control
– Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
– Continuous Operation at Higher Loads
- Solution Size as Small as 50mm2
- Low Profile (0.75mm) 2mm × 3mm Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead DFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3470A is a micropower step-down DC/DC converter that integrates a 440mA power switch, catch diode and boost diode into low profile 2mm × 3mm DFN package. The LT3470A combines Burst Mode and continuous operation to allow the use of tiny inductor and capacitors while providing a low ripple output to loads of up to 250mA.
With its wide input range of 4V to 40V, the LT3470A can regulate a wide variety of power sources, from 2-cell Li-Ion batteries to unregulated wall transformers and lead-acid batteries. Quiescent current in regulation is just 35μA in a typical application while a zero current shutdown mode disconnects the load from the input source, simplifying power management in battery-powered systems. Fast current limiting and hysteretic control protects the LT3470A and external components against shorted outputs, even at 40V input. The LT3470A has higher output current and improved start-up and dropout performance compared to the LT3470.
|Vin Min Startup||Switch Current
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1382A||LT3470AEDDB Demo Board | (DFN) 4V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V, Vout = 3.3V @ 250mA, Integrated Boost & Catch Diodes||$75.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Power for Portable Products
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- Industrial Supplies
- Wall Transformer Regulation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3470 - Micropower Buck Regulator with Integrated Boost and Catch Diodes
- LTC3631 - High Efficiency, High Voltage 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT1934 - Micropower Step-Down Switching Regulators in ThinSOT
- LT3990 - 62V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
- LT3970 Series - 40V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3502/LT3502A - 1.1MHz/2.2MHz, 500mA Step-Down Regulators in 2mm × 2mm DFN and MS10
- LTM8020 - 200mA, 36V DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTC3639 - High Efficiency, 150V 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LTC3638 - High Efficiency, 140V 250mA Step-Down Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: