LT3468 - Photoflash Capacitor Chargers in ThinSOT
- Highly Integrated IC Reduces Solution Size
- Uses Small Transformers:
5.8mm x 5.8mm x 3mm
- Fast Photoflash Charge Times:
4.6s for LT3468 (0V to 320V, 100µF, VIN = 3.6V)
5.7s for LT3468-2 (0V to 320V, 100µF, VIN = 3.6V)
5.5s for LT3468-1 (0V to 320V, 50µF, VIN = 3.6V)
- Controlled Input Current:
- Supports Operation from Single Li-Ion Cell, or Any Supply from 2.5V up to 16V
- Adjustable Output Voltage
- No Output Voltage Divider Needed
- Charges Any Size Photoflash Capacitor
- Low Profile (<1mm) SOT-23 Package
The LT3468/LT3468-1/LT3468-2 are highly integrated ICs designed to charge photoflash capacitors in digital and film cameras. A patented control technique* allows for the use of extremely small transformers. Each device contains an on-chip high voltage NPN power switch. Output voltage detection* is completely contained within the device, eliminating the need for any discrete zener diodes or resistors. The output voltage can be adjusted by simply changing the turns ratio of the transformer. The LT3468 has a primary current limit of 1.4A, the LT3468-2 has a 1A limit, and the LT3468-1 has a 0.7A limit. These different current limit levels result in well controlled input currents of 500mA for the LT3468, 375mA for the LT3468-2 and 225mA for the LT3468-1. Aside from the differing current limit, the three devices are otherwise equivalent.
The CHARGE pin gives full control of the part to the user. Driving CHARGE low puts the part in shutdown. The DONE pin indicates when the part has completed charging. The LT3468 series of parts are available in tiny low profile (1mm) SOT-23 packages.
*Protected by U.S. Patents, including 6518733.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC661A-A||LT3468ES5 | Photoflash Capacitor Charger High Voltage Supply, 2.8V to 8Vin, 320Vout||$125.00|
|DC661A-B||LT3468ES5-1 | Photoflash Capacitor Charger High Voltage Supply, 2.8V to 8Vin, 320Vout||$125.00|
|DC711A-A||LT3468ES5 | Photoflash Capacitor Charger High Voltage Supply, Vin = 2.5V-8V, Vout = 320V, ISW - PK = 1.4A||$125.00|
|DC711A-B||LT3468ES5-1 | Photoflash Capacitor Charger High Voltage Supply, Vin = 2.5V-8V, Vout = 320V, ISW - PK = 0.7A||$125.00|
|DC711A-C||LT3468ES5-2 | Photoflash Capacitor Charger High Voltage Supply, Vin = 2.5V-8V, Vout = 320V, ISW - PK = 1.0A||$125.00|
|DC796A||LT3468ES5-1 | Cell Phone Photoflash Charger, Vin(5V max), 2.8V to 4.2V||Contact Factory|
- Digital / Film Camera Flash
- PDA / Cell Phone Flash
- Emergency Strobe
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3751 - High Voltage Capacitor Charger Controller with Regulation
- LT3750 - Capacitor Charger Controller
- LT3485 - Photoflash Capacitor Chargers with Output Voltage Monitor and Integrated IGBT Drive
- LT3484 - Photoflash Capacitor Charger
- LT3420 - Photoflash Capacitor Chargers with Automatic Refresh
- LT3585 - Photoflash Charger with Adjustable Input Current and IGBT Driver
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8300 - 100VIN Micropower Isolated Flyback Converter with 150V/260mA Switch
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: